1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overall Finish

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by SClark, May 28, 2002.

1. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

mark you gotta get off of here with that making sense kind of talk. shew, go ! we dont need that crazy talk around here

2. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Re: Re: Emily, Sharon, how am I doing? :)

Originally posted by AoD Jim
    Not if you build a good dump can.

I'm working on that, too. The one we have does a decent job, and it's cost was significantly less than most of the fancy dancy ones that I see out there.

You are asking for WERA to change the way it's doing things on a public BBS. We're all WERA members. I would expect some disagreement.
    Of course. I don't mind disagreement, and I enjoy getting different points of view, as long as they're rational.

3. melissa

melissa Sir

I'm with you there. I'd be offended if anyone proposed the idea of an "A for effort" award for women racing in the endurance series, or any series, because of some (perceived or not) inherent handicap or disadvantage. Fuck that. A lot of people tell me I should race 125s or SVs because I'm small and light and I would have an easier time with the bike. But I want to race 600s, and I'm not looking for any special recognition for that. The recognition comes when you finish well. That's all I want. I don't want a pat on the back. I want to win races. The trophy that means something is the trophy that everyone else is fighting for, not some contrived "special" award. Obviously this is just my opinion.

I have to say I question the motivation of people who think they are entitled to special treatment just because they place themselves at a disadvantage (perceived or otherwise). If you want some sort of external validation for your effort outside of the normal avenues you should probably look somewhere else.

4. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

I got a $1500 check from Suzuki on Friday. I can't say that I cried too much.

I just questioned the Overall Finish mentality. I didn't understand that it was held so sacred in the racing world, and couldn't be questioned, and would insult the masses as if I'd just committed blasphamy. Sorry to have farted in your church.

I love how you and PKS have this interpretation that I'm throughly upset with WERA(and in tears about it) I especially love how PKS threw in her own axe to grind about the women racer thing. It's not like that. I noticed something, I made a suggestion, and evidently, it doesn't fly. So, this thread will sink into the digital graveyard, and that's that.

You can continue to berate me, call me an ingrate, a whiner, a loser, a gay bitch, but I'll still going to turn laps, and I'll still make suggestions about racing. If you want to waste your time and energy calling me these things, I won't hold it against you.

I'll still say hi to you when I see you at the track, offer you a spare part in a time of need, advice about a racing line, or a beer at the end of the day.

5. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Oh how quickly you forget about the love of whacking dead horses my friend. ;)

Now as for that beer, I'll be over as soon as we're done tearing down hot pit. :D

6. PKS Racing Services

PKS Racing Services Timing and Crewing

Axe to grind? Huh?? Sorry, I must have missed something here. I simply used the racing analogy because it's what I've been involved in for the last ten years or better. Oh well...

7. jwb

jwb but... I AM NAPOLEAN!!!!

you are such a martyr

8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

we got $1500 in our racebike. well almost