1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions Needed Over Here

Discussion in 'General' started by Newyork, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

What color should I powder coat these rims? I’m thinking the obvious red or possibly gold to match the rear sets and forks.

Here’s what we’re working with. This machine is all sorts of awesome...dunno why they stopped making this bike. Assuming sales were the culprit.

[​IMG]

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

5axis, Mud Whistle, RRP and 5 others like this.
  3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Leave them as they are.

4. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

:flag:

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

only option i see here as well.

RRP likes this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

White rims matter.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Go 'Union Jack' on them!

8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Match the frame and accents. Red.

Johnny B, RRP and Sweatypants like this.
  9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

So you are saying white rims are better than black rims? Sounds very questionable to me as I believe all rims matter.

track wagon, Sabre699 and RRP like this.
  10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

white with red rim tape :D

Sweatypants likes this.
  11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

White is the only answer....

Phl218, RRP and sdg like this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'd leave them as they are, otherwise I'd go white. Would really make them pop against the white bodywork (assuming you'd clean them every now and again). Red might work well but I've never been a fan of red wheels. I can find any pictures anywhere of a 675 with white wheels though.....maybe that's a sign?

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 9.50.25 AM.png

13. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Leave them alone

track wagon likes this.
  14. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

It does make me wonder what might have gone differently if that Triumph rep ever got back to me when they had that racer program for the 675R. I called, emailed, and tried several different numbers and nada. Then I read on here about the dude getting fired. Imagine that. But damn, at that particular time, I had the time and money to get that thing. Would have been awesome...especially the whole "we'll pay the national/MA race entries" part. :D

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

wait...you live in a state where there is no front plate, and yet put a front plate on....

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Just no gold. Unless you're from north western africa/ south asia and then go gold and faux Louis Vuitton wrap.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    StaccatoFan likes this.
  17. Admotowork

Admotowork Well-Known Member

If you saw the amount of Bonneville's sold to the amount of 675's then you'd understand why it was not a priority.

18. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

yea there was a LOT of behind the scenes shenanigans going on..... There were Triumph guys and Castrol guys fired, a "stolen" ZR1 camaro, and a streamliner that was like several million over budget.

Basically a lot of fucking greedy idiots ruined it for everyone. I think the 675 was/is a better bike than the R6 and competitors but unfortunately when we got them to where they really were starting to go in the right development, the rug got pulled.

Gorilla George and ducnut like this.
  19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

red, or white with red stripe.

also note that 80% of bikes on the grids for WERA are spray painted or finger painted by a child, or a combination of primary colors like a Honduran flag which is appalling to the eyes and a no-no i thought most people learned in 6th grade art class... so i honestly don't even know why you asked here.

SGVRider, TurboBlew and Robby-Bobby like this.