1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions Needed Over Here

Discussion in 'General' started by Newyork, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

yes/no.
    Triumph got a little "lazy" and learned that you cant just keep rolling out the same shit with new color options. They aren't japanese and that doesnt work with them. So they know their bread and butter is being different.

2. Robby-Bobby

To the OP, I would fine s spare set of wheels to paint. Leave that bike as close to original as possible as its a special edition. it'll always have value.

Newyork and BigBird like this.
  3. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Half black, half gold like a Hamilton Ventura watchband:
    This-Was-the-First-Electric-Powered-Watch-gear-patrol-lead-full.jpg

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

hate powder on wheels... paint all day

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Gold wheels are awesome on red and white bikes.

[​IMG]

Otherwise, leave them black.

6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Spare set of wheels and powder them the same red as the subframe.

I don’t know who all was doing what, but, someone at Triumph HQ was paying attention to the trackday crowd, because there was regular involvement on the main 675 forum, from them.

I got mine in May ‘06, from MCC. They sold almost 50 of them, that year.

Through Triumph675.net and working with Monte and Bonnie at STT, we regularly had more than 15 675’s at our track events. At one Barber event, we had 23 of us. Triumph would send over their demo truck for us to ride whatever we wanted. We had a good 3-4 year run, before lives/priorities changed and there wasn’t so much activity going on.

I really loved my Daytona. I had help from Don Finelli, who worked with Bobby Fong’s 675 effort, to get the bike properly setup. Once that happened, I could run the thing wherever I wanted on the track. It was such an effortless, intuitive bike to ride. I never had a single issue with it, either.

Gorilla George and Newyork like this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

gold wheels matter too

upload_2020-9-24_12-11-19.png

Newyork likes this.
  8. Robby-Bobby

Don't know who Don is, but I was the one that got Bobby on my Triumph after his disaster when his yamaha team folded (team issues not bike issues) but I still have the 675 that Bobby used and I am looking at it right now. Unless you are referring to his later latus motors effort.

I was the first person in the USA to receive a Daytona in late 2005 as I had it airfreighted in for the Daytona 200 first year. I was slow, but being we are like one of the oldest dealers in the country, we had some pull. The bike performed flawlessly mostly stock and mostly made stuff up in our shop at first.

ducnut likes this.
  9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Yep. The later years.

Last I knew, Don works for Traxxion, in an outside capacity of some sort. I haven’t seen him in ~10yrs.

10. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Man so I thought this would help. It really isn’t LOL.

Let me address some of the comments.

I posted this here bc the triumph forum is beyond dead....no one would have replied.

The Eslick Edition bodywork is mostly tucked away in a box bc this bike was smacked from behind by an old man not much left of it that isn’t scraped/cracked.

I definitely do not want to go white. I was really hoping for a battle between red and gold in vote tally’s to help me make a decision.

I’m starting to think buying a set of colored Marchesinis for this bike might be the way to go.

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Other than being harder to color match, why?

12. Tristan

If I had kept it longer I'd have definitely gone with white wheels on mine

279.jpg

Newyork likes this.
  13. Tristan

I hate red, so I'll vote gold

Newyork likes this.
  14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You meant Durrani.....right? :D

Newyork likes this.
  15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

PINK! as the bing on yo' cherry.

[​IMG]

16. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Thank god the model kind of died off, though. I mean, if there's this many sandy snatches out in full force about the 636 displacement "advantage", imagine how many people would all of a sudden lose their shit over the 675.

:D

sbk1198 likes this.
  17. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

You're confusing sales and numbers with basic business correspondence.

18. Robby-Bobby

well the good argument is that we have 1 less cylinder.

Sabre699 and ducnut like this.
  19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

SAVAGE!!!

Sweatypants likes this.
  20. Admotowork

Admotowork Well-Known Member

Care to expand upon that?