1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Once upon a time in Hollywood"

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Yeah, I don’t get movies that jump around, or are trying to build multiple story lines at once.

Shoot someone, play with a dog, blow shit up, whatever...just do it in a continuous storyline that makes sense.

If I have to think “WTF does this have to do with anything?” more than once, I’m turning that shit off and doing something different.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

You could just wait, and let it unfold with little to no effort.

stk0308 likes this.
  3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Definitely don't watch The Hateful Eight:D

That said, Tarantino will go down as one of the greatest directors of all time. The man is a cinematic genius. You read it here.

sdiver, Killswitch and NemesisR6 like this.
  4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

If Mr. Velveeta doesn't like the movie, then it's got to be pretty good, no?

<Adds to 'Must Watch' list>

:D

R Acree likes this.
  5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

not sure about the genius comment but Hateful Eight was an entertaining Tararino, (not sure how :rolleyes:)movie

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

So your saying trying to watch this movie is more challenging than trying to watch a MA race with bikes running different colored number plates. :D

Gorilla George and Robin172 like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I agree, but this latest one had me wondering, though. Not that I thought it was bad. It actually kept my interest throughout. But I thought it was going somewhere. The single question I had after watching it was "why?" What was the point of making that movie?

NemesisR6 likes this.
  8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I'm a huge Tarantino fan.........but I wasn't too impressed with OUaTiH.

My Tarantino rankings:
    1. Pulp Fiction
    2. Django Unchained
    3. Kill Bill 1 & 2
    4. Inglorious Basterds
    5. Reservoir Dogs
    6. Hateful Eight
    7. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    8. Jackie Brown
    9. Death Proof

Chris and SpeedyE like this.
  9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

ive only seem 3 or 4 of those movies. I tried like hell watching Kill Bill but it never held my interest.

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Inglorious Basterds was somewhat convoluted but the opening scene more than made up for the rest....

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This. And quite honestly his need for the “gore for the sake of gore” is pretty played out and undermines otherwise decent to good movies - eg. Hateful 8 and Inglorious Bastards.

Tarantino suffers badly from the “Michael Stipe Syndrome”.

Note - Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill (both parts) were just bad. I don’t care who was in them.

12. The thing is, I can’t. When movies do like this one, I have absolutely no interest whatsoever.

I’m not thinking “oh let’s see what happens next” or “I wonder who did it” or “will the dog make it home”.

I’m just sitting there with the “WTF face” because it is all too irrelevant and senseless.

And when it does it as bad/much as this movie did, it aggravates me so much that it actually makes me mad. It gives me a headache.

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

The OP's original description sounds just like this place...

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

maybe you should watch them backwards and see the story line unfold.

i actually prefer movies that have several things going on in parallel , or at different times, places. then slowly they merge together to a finale. the more complex, the better and the more i get inspired what could one thing have to do with another.

recent shows reflect that better than movies though.

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm ashamed to admit that as big of a QT fan as I am, I haven't seen the movie yet. Just shows how much I hate to go to an actual theatre anymore.

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Never watched one of his flicks. Dude's weird. Shit don't make sense but he gets hailed as some awesome innovater or some shit.
    Oh and the different MA plates piss me off.

The end.

17. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

This is one of the best movies I have seen in a while. You need to take an extra dose of your meds and try to watch it again.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

My Tarantino rankings:
    1. Pulp Fiction- His only good film.
    2. Django Unchained- Turned it off, shitty western.
    3. Kill Bill 1 & 2- Barely worth a watch as a last resort.
    4. Inglorious Basterds- Dumb, turned it off.
    5. Reservoir Dogs- Decent film.
    6. Hateful Eight- Turned it off, shitty western.
    7. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood- Looks stupid.
    8. Jackie Brown- A decent film.
    9. Death Proof- Barely worth it only if you like crap B movies.

19. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

CNN? You're kidding, right?

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. Seriously?

What exactly was it about? I mean, what was the point to all of it?

Is there some magical scene at the end that ties all the randomness together?