1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Jul 29, 2019.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Yes! I did like Meet Joe Black.

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  3. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

The only Tarantino directed movie I can stand is "From Dusk Till Dawn" The rest I just don't get...Just awful. Pitt has had a few good roles, The aforementioned Joe Black, Fight Club, Fury, etc.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I thought DiCrappio did a stellar job in Shutter Island.

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Nicolas Cage can't even act well enough to overact.

BigBird and Razr like this.
  6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

But for some strange reason, his Big Daddy character in Kick-Ass struck me as a great parody of Adam West as Batman, even though it was probably unintentional.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I can stand about three minutes of that movie VERY WELL. Or more accurately, I can’t stand for a bit after watching a certain three minutes of that movie!

8. ton

ton Arf!

gosh. what could you possibly be talking about?
    [​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Except Tarantino* didn't direct it. :Poke::beer:

To me, about half of Tarantino's movies suck and the other half are brilliant. This one looks like the former.

*This thread has me planning a rewatch of El Mariachi.

rd400racer likes this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I fell in love that day...

11. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

How’s the soundtrack? He usually has great songs in his movies. This one, being set in 1969, has the potential for a bunch of great tunes, yes?

12. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

That was bad, most irritating I’ve ever seen was Travolta in Trading Paint where he tried to have a southern accent. His acting in it was godawful.

Most of Tarantino’s movies to me are horrible. Too broken up and idiotic to watch. Pulp fiction was okay and had some good scenes but I’ve never been able to watch a Kill Bill movie without turning it off...

13. speedluvn

Ok, I can seem to watch Tarantino's movies. The above list I've watch 2, maybe 3 movies. His style of directing can be sometimes be hard to follow.

14. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I think that was the point...

15. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

All of the Pitt haters, no love for his cameo in True Romance? Money Ball? Assassination of Jesse James? 12 Years a Slave? The Big Short? He's done some pretty great work as well.

HPPT likes this.
  16. speedluvn

He was in 12 Years a Slave? Troy is the only other movie not mention in this thread that I can say that I'd watch.

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh doh! Really liked him in Moneyball, thought about mention True Romance cameo... that was a great flick, Gandolfini was absolutely exuded meance...

18. kangasj

kangasj Banned

You didn't like Pulp Fiction? Hmmm, I thought that was a good one...

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Dude, Tarantino didn't direct any of these movies.

20. speedluvn

There's disconnect up in here. The feelings about Tarantino directed movies and the love/hate relationship for Pitt movies.