1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oklahoma gets it right....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by baconologist, Aug 19, 2017.

1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

wish Florida would catch on

[​IMG]

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Floridah?

It's pretty much the bane of all of the states.

Opinions on if this will have any corrective effect?.....

3. baconologist

it did in OK, GA and MI

4. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I pass the same people every day in the right lane while the moron in the left lane carries on. This is at 4:30 a.m. with little traffic. If I come up behind them and stay there, with no other traffic in sight, they stay put in the left lane till I have to pass on the right if I want to continue. I don't believe signage will have any affect on these idiots.

V5 Racer likes this.
  5. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Don't even get me started. It's the state pastime here in central VA. The only thing more infuriating is when the car in the left lane goes the exact same speed as the car in the right lane, thus blocking the whole fucking road. I see it every damn day.

6. t500racer

Of course how many of these barely literate douchebags know what "impede" means?

MachineR1 and baconologist like this.
  7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This unfortunately. In this Age Of Entitlement creating new rules is a futile excercise.

"I'm me and the rules don't apply to me, mummy and daddy told me so".

8. baconologist

Most of the ones I've seen have been from an older time. You know, when schools actually taought more than self-esteem building.

9. t500racer

Don't impede my safe space, snowflake hating racist!

10. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

It's you old f***ers that cant see over the steering wheel sitting in the left lane! :D

I was on the way to knoxville and had a BMW following me. We got in the hills and both got stuck behind 2 people blocking the right and left lanes. The bmw realized I couldn't safely cut in between the two in my pick up as they would see saw besides each other so the BMW made the pass and got in the left lane. He then hits the brakes and shake and bakes for me and I get in the left lane and we proceed to haul to knoxville.

It was the one time I've ever seen someone smart on the road and it was glorious.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The pit maneuver might

12. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Oh, believe me, I've been soooo tempted. But, thankfully, I lack that ability to do something really stupid on impulse.....

now that I'm older. :D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

VA is truly horrible with it.

OH is still one of the worst - but it's getting better as the 55mph supporters die off.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I also think it's getting worse with the cell phone shit, people are driving using their peripheral vision and the other vehicles around them as a guide for speed and location - so they get next to someone going a speed they like and they can then fuck around on the phone for the next 50 miles.

Shenanigans likes this.
  15. t500racer

I have to leave this thread now. I can feel my blood pressure rising....urge to kill....

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cali is horrible with left lane campers too - although there it's truly weird, there can be 20-30 cars nose to tail in the left lane doing the speed limit or so, and the right lane will be wide open next to them...

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And that's not the Zonies either, they're bad too in their own way but at least running Vegas to Fontana they tend to move to the right and out of the way.

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

motoracer1100 and baconologist like this.
  19. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

It is a stampede of little people.

t500racer likes this.
  20. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Signs say "speed limit 65 mph"...and people still drive faster than the posted limit. :D

So yes...the masses probably don't care too much about the signs.

badmoon692008 likes this.