1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok..... Who's got the video???

Discussion in 'General' started by vito2279, Aug 22, 2011.

1. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

Who has video of me looping my bike yesterday on the start of the C Superstock race yesterday? I have NEVER been so ashamed in my life:down: It was my first front row start and I just got a little too excited. My wife and about TEN of my buddies were on the wall when it happened.:crackup: I wanna thank EVERYONE who was behind me for not hitting me. I turned around after I hit the ground and saw two front wheels coming right at me:eek: I'd like to thank everyone who came over to check on me. I was able to get the bike back together and take a 2nd place in B Superbike. That damn Melendez..... I just can't beat him!!!

2. automan

automan It's all about the drive!

let me check my camera, if it was on, I may have it. That was amazing, I am glad no you ran into you!

3. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

You know I do (ill get a clip up in a bit) and how about that He-man bending your bar back so you could ride back to the pit?

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Damn Vito.. that sucks.. But great comeback Brother!!!! Congrats...

5. punkadilly

punkadilly Well-Known Member

I didn't see it, but SO thankful you were alright & able to get back out there - You were riding awesome out there!

6. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Awesome Vito. :crackup:
    Glad you're OK.

7. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Me. I started directly behind you. Front cam, and rear facing. Will edit for your enjoyment after 7pm tonight

8. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Ah man, I would have loved to see that one!!!

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, that's got to be embarrassing! :D

10. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Found a pic, looks horrifying. Glad you're ok :)

[​IMG]

Seriously, that fact that your ok makes it..... :crackup: :crackup: Great job everyone behind you not running you over.

11. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

This is your friend....

[​IMG]

12. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Or this:

[​IMG]

:D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Always funny when no one is hurt.

14. Gonzo

Gonzo Maybe you should drive...

That turn around to see death approaching is always a humbling moment.........

15. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

This is going to be good :D

16. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha..... ....... Hahahahahahahahaha!

Love ya Vic! Glad you were alright. Thank you everyone for not using him for traction. Congrats on the comeback!

17. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Glad you're o.k. Vic. One of the worst crashes i have ever seen was when a guy chucked it on the start at RRR right in front of me. You are lucky bro!

18. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Glad you're okay and can laugh about it now.

Your description reminded me of this guy. I've seen this many times and it always makes me laugh.
    wheelie

19. cobra2497

cobra2497 Well-Known Member

Oh I can't wait to see this. Glad you are okay.

20. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

As Anne's video processes here's something I wrote in 2003 after watching an unnamed racer (Strick) loop out... first time I'd ever witnessed one.

There he was Brian StrickSV: Fresh clutch and a two teeth bigger rear sprocket change THAT HE'D FORGOTTEN ABOUT PUTTING ON. Intently watching Chuck with horrid memories of bogging the bike down on the last dozen starts. They'll never call me Boggy again he declares to himself.

The 1 board goes up as does his revs. Green flag drops, clutch is smartly (snappily? acutely? forcefully?... ) released (for you other people from the South: he romped on the gas then popped the clutch) and his front wheel begins to take flight. Neil, Buzz and Michael would of been overtaken and passed in that Saturn V is Strick had done this 34 years earlier. Up, up it went. Bikes are whizzing past left and right. It came up so fast I thing you can still read "ON / OFF / LOCK" on his forhead.

Bike reaches a teetering point on the rear plastic. Brian is still holding on. He says in hindsight the video of the guy dancing with his bike went through his head for a split second. His knees buckle as he releases the bike. He initially curls up like Jim Baker under the desk when the Feds came. But then smartly rolls onto his stomach facing traffic. It's hard to hear things with 100s of of thousands of revs exploding by but I'm very sure I heard a muffled almost whimpering "mommy". The bike now begins to fall. It looks like a giant redwood with a family of spotted owls sucummbing to the power of a Sthil. I swear there must of been a gravity surge because they went down waaaaaayyy faster than -9.8m/s/s . Newton actually rolled over in his grave.

The bike turns so the belly pan is now facing the oncoming 3rd wave. Jesse Nunn goes into Knight Rider Turbo Boost as he hits the rear wheel and clears the tail section. Looked like McQueen jumping the barbed wire... Well if ol Steve was a foot shorter and rode a fully faired SV.. Course if Steve had of been as fast as Jesse is he'd of been downing Rhine valley's best reisling in Switzerland instead of becoming a scarecrow in the barb wire.. But I digress.

I ran to his wife. She was literally standing 5 feet away from the bike I now call Ostrich (can't fly) and the pile of leather and shaking human we call Loopy. She had a look of "if I could only get to him, the world would be ok. The birds would sing and the angels would trumpet." She looked at me. Her eyes were passionately seeking words of comfort. The pearls of wisdom that fell from my mouth were everything but: "That was so F'in cool!"

A quick footpeg change, some words of adonishment.,.. I mean encouragement and he was back out at the 1/2 way point.

Looped and "romped on it" now have new definitions in my book.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011