1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Announcement: MotoAmerica LIVE televison package

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Apr 9, 2016.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Damn. No commercials on BeIn! NICE!

GSmann and bleacht like this.
  2. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Found the race. Not bad video quality but am stuck watching it on my phone or iPad. Too bad it blocks streaming to the tv. The race was okay, Greg White made me want to turn the sound off. Not how I'd want to watch the races, but it's free.

3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

"I never thought of walking on the grass until I saw a sign saying, 'Keep Off The Grass'." - Saul Alinsky

[​IMG]
    Could have sworn this was announced a few weeks back. BTW, I have DirecTV. beIN is on Channel 620. :p

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

No commercials rocked.... It's been awhile.... On the tube at least.... And yeah Greg was still sounding like Greg...

5. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. I remember him doing a MotoGP race at Laguna about ten years ago thinking how bad he was, and having to listen to him for five races this weekend, he hasn't changed a bit. It's all filler, as many words that can be used to sound like he's announcing when really he's just rattling off bullshit. He is fucking terrible. Just put together a random mix of team name, rider number, full rider name, sponsor, color of bike, the words machine and motorcycle as many times as possible, a "side by side" every now and then, and never say anything remotely valuable, and you can get paid to announce a worldwide sporting event.

And I love Pridmore, but can someone please tell him how to pronounce Yamaha?

6. I would love to have Spies or Edwards as an announcer.

7. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

As a color guy I would agree, but what the series has needed for at least a decade is a professional announcer for the play by play. I don't know why a hack like Greg White keeps getting the job, I guess no one else wants it.

8. I like the guys that do the WSS/WSBK duties.

9. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

So did I read it right that go90 DOESN'T use your data? Damn sweet if that is true. Watched the Moto2 race at the airport. Good video quality.

10. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

I didn't think Greg White did a bad job. Maybe I was just excited to see/hear live announcing at all. Actually, I thought it was all pretty impressive, especially compared to last year. I bet as they follow the series it will get even better as well. It may not be WSBK or MotoGP level yet, but it's 10000x times better than last year's online coverage and that sorry excuse of a TV highlight show they made. It would be nice to get the excitement from the announcers like you do in WSBK/MotoGP.

My only worry is that the rest of the races won't be done as well, thinking that this was only this good because MotoGP was there as well. Will they invest as much for the Road Atlanta race where it's only Moto America? Hope so!

roy826ex and Yzasserina like this.
  11. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

It only counts against your data, if you are not on wifi. So, make sure you are connected to wifi!

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In that case having it on cable at home won't work either....

13. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

That's what I thought. A tricky way with words...

14. It will (would) because i can DVR it and watch it anytime i want.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can do that with streaming too. Recording on a DVR is the same basic thing although it's a bit simpler. Although if you're talking about watching once you're back home then streaming is easier, never need to hit record.

16. Maybe so, but it isnt offered. I mean, i cant even pay for it. Charter doesnt carry it at all. And since my cable company doesnt carry it, i cant stream it off their website either. You have to login to their website by selecting your carrier and signing in. If it isnt listed, then you are prompted with that thing that says something like "contact your cable provider about carrying BeIN".

I would have to go away from cable (which is also my internet provider) and get Dish or something like that.

17. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Broome, I'll keep all our DVR'd races and you can come down the Knoxville when you're back stateside and binge watch at our house.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Um, I have Dish for the tube, and cable for the interwebs...

I left Friday with nary a concern and returned home yesterday to watch everything except MA SB race 1. Not sure what happened there.

It works great!

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What does any of that have to do with anything I said? No one is saying stream it from their site. People have suggested slingbox. There's more in the world than just one cable company.

20. Oh good lord, you are just looking for something to argue about and/or something to be right about. :rolleyes:

Yes, we have been talking about streaming it from their site. That is ALL i have been talking about.

I said that streaming doesnt usually work for me because i travel alot, sometimes have to visit rigs, etc. You said then having it on my cable wouldnt work either. I said it would because i could DVR it when i wasnt home.

That was it. Nothing more. I havent and wasnt ever talking about slingblade or slingshot or any other shit. I was simply talking about my inability to get BeIN on cable or stream it through their website because my cable company doesnt carry it.

I am fully aware that there are other means of obtaining it.