1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I understand how Ducati is choosing to spend their budget and I do not disagree with what you and Jeff are saying. However, I believe that they could choose to spend what budget they have differently and it may have the same return value to them. It is too bad that they do not have the manufacturing capacity to build more Multistradas to bring in. I think we have established that many of the people that post on here have Multistradas and Hypermodards, but here they are on the Beeb. Perhaps sponsoring a team that has huge grassroots support would help them sell their entire model line up. I don't know, something about branding, brand awareness and the rest of that marketing stuff, Kind of like Ducati underwear and socks.

Rising likes this.
  2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Serious question - what's the motivation/benefit to run this platform with no potential for factory support (now or in the future)?

I ask because KWR seemed to have a very good program going with the Yamaha and I assume tons of data/setup info available not to mention familiarity with the bike etc.

I hope for nothing but the best for KWR regardless, glad to see another brand on the grid.

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Ducati doesn't have any issues with brand awareness. They are going the way of Ferrari with limited availability and maximum profit on each unit... Polar opposite of the other mass manufacturers

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mark, you think Yamaha (and Graves at the time) just gave you the info? Graves charged you for everything if you went to them for support and it wasn't cheap.

Some of the teams running Yamaha just didn't bother with them and did their own thing.

lonewrench likes this.
  5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I have no doubt they (KWR and others) paid well for any Yamaha/Graves support. My thinking (question more so) was after several seasons and a developed bike and program - why "start over from zero" with the Ducati?

And again - a totally serious question.

I can barely get my club bikes prepped each winter for February let alone imagine why a pro team makes the changes and decisions they do. :D

6. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

We all know Kyle is an great dude and fast guy running his own program. It's always hard starting over no matter what. I give him major kudos for jumping on the Duc .There was no way he would or could ever get the same support as the factory guys or even say Attack. At least now he won't have to worry about being on the same bike at everyone else and knowing he's at a disadvantage. The potential is higher on the V4R than any R1 he could have built IMO. If he can extract it, I think he's easily top 5.

MachineR1 likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm more excited that KW is going to Doo-cat-heee than if stayed with Yamaha. I'll actually pay more attention to how he does.
    Like the kid but this year, I want him to kill it. :)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    MGM, TurboBlew and SPL170db like this.
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not mention there's already a million Are-Juan's on the grid already since the revamped '15 came out. There hasn't been a Duc on a the grid since Huntley Nash's Panigale 3-4 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2019
  10. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Running the Duc means that Kyle automatically gains a fan base in those that are brand loyal to Ducati. He's savvy enough to use that to his advantage.

TX Joose, KMC, Robby-Bobby and 2 others like this.
  11. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Sadly Ducati won’t win much, field is too stacked already with Yamaha and Suzuki power house efforts.

Truth

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

We will see.... I would love to see 33 put that thing up top...

03RumbleBee and roy826ex like this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

But it's the best bike ever created in the history of the world!

DucatiBomber, roy826ex and TurboBlew like this.
  14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Wheres the TV announcement? I wanna know if ill be able to see Kyle kick some butt on the red bike.

15. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

KWR Ducati
    T shirts in every Duc dealership.
    I'll take one.

Metalhead, Rising and MachineR1 like this.
  16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Might be the smartest thing you’ve ever posted.

TurboBlew, TX Joose and KMC like this.
  17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

An accident, I am sure.

Robby-Bobby and eggfooyoung like this.
  18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

A first year bike with zero factory help and no data from the previous year of WSBK racing means they will be chasing everything.

DucatiBomber and 5axis like this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:moon:

:D

20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

And Yamaha and Suzuki have a year or more of data to fall back on.

So if he does well then hell yes we need to blow up the beeb with his results!

5axis likes this.