1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. He said fast. Not fast and sexy. Not every Yamaha has a rider who’s also a model :)

badmoon692008 and turner38 like this.
  2. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Per Wayne Rainey - as of 5 days ago

"For starters, we are very close to announcing a new television package for the 2019 season and we’re taking the production of the TV and digital package in house. It will be a lot of work, but it will give us complete control of what we’re doing and how our content looks, and it will be more accessible than it’s ever been. Since the very first announcement of MotoAmerica taking over the AMA Superbike Series in 2014, this is the biggest thing we’ve ever announced. It’s the next step and we can’t wait to tell you about it."

track wagon, 5axis, scottn and 4 others like this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Interesting. I hope they are still shown on TV. I hate watching racing on the computer.

4. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Listening to Greg's Garage podcast, looks like Gagne will be in MA. Did not reveal info on who he will be riding for.

5. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Thought you were riding a SV at a few rounds this year...

6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Buy a firestick, AppleTV or any of the other options and watch the streamed content on your TV. It isn't rocket science.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It'll be on tv but don't think it's bein.

track wagon likes this.
  8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

They need to hurry up and announce. My cable contract is up in a month.

9. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

It’s not bein for sure.

They’re making some big strides. TV package should be good and very accessible for all cable providers.

Plus there will be subscription based viewing just like MotoGP, WSBK, etc. Not finalized, but the support classes will most likely be free to watch on their site, in addition to YouTube and Facebook.

cajun636, rcarson15, Steeltoe and 2 others like this.
  10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I pay quite a bit for Bein thru Dish. Have to get the 200+ package so that I get 5 knife channels, 3 baking channels and 47 Spannish channels. I'd love to dump all that but it's the only way to get MGP and WSBK. I guess it's finally time to check into subscription services.... Any opinions on these vs the Bein broadcasts?

evakat likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'd be better off doing the sports package through Sling for 10 bucks a month or whatever it is.

TLR67 likes this.
  12. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Dammit, after that BS with Verizon dumping Bein last year I was so happy that they brought it back I re signed for another 2 years....FML

I subscribe to GP and it’s pricey but awesome. Hopefully MA pricing will be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bein is still worth it for the other bike racing coverage, I'm keeping mine.

evakat and backbone like this.
  14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I lack motivation.... She needs freshened.

turner38 likes this.
  15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Ohhhhh I know another rider with a team that’s gonna make me VERY happy!!

Can’t wait for the announcement!

16. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Do they have previous championships???

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

19. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

You are going to sponsor me with your SV... I can’t believe it.