1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

But the bikes are more expensive. Other than say the top 5.

A single Indian stock is $45k
    That’s what some teams have in 2-3bikes lol

2. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

And dirt track construction costs a tiny fraction of what asphalt road course construction costs.

3. Robby-Bobby

stk0308 likes this.
  4. Robby-Bobby

Yea but you don’t have to rebuild the Roadrace track after every single event.

5. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

$45k is a bargain (it’s racing). The rolling chassis is pretty much the same as for all the bikes, so that leaves the engines. What’s a top flight rolling chassis cost, $15-20k? So that leaves $20-$25k for an engine which doesn’t go far as R&D goes. Indian has far more in that in R&D let alone what it costs to manufacture and assemble one.

It seems according to the press release, Estenson is going to be Yamaha only...

And Robby you don’t, but you also don’t have to repave them every 5-10 year or so. Auto and bike track days keep the road racing tracks alive, for sure. Without them, there would be very few road racing courses.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  6. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Glad JD has a full time ride that pays well and he still gets to road race. Also, Supercross is not doing that awesome right now. They just lost their Fox TV deal.

418 likes this.
  7. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

That's not how the Estenson press release is written.

8. Hoffman900

https://www.americanflattrack.com/news/view/jd-beach-double-duty-2019 Good interview. Sounds like Keith McCarty is playing around with some flat track stuff. No brainer for JD, he's still one of Yamaha's "guys" and I don't think they are willing to let him go that easily, and puts a "factory" type rider in a what appears to be a satellite Yamaha factory flat track team, and maybe help get them started. Also puts him in line if Cam goes overseas or Garrett flops, let alone whatever else they're thinking. I think this was a smart move for JD, and to turn down the rumored factory Indian ride, and not burn that bridge.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    stk0308 likes this.
  9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I missed the part where Elias re-signed.

10. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Did anyone hear about PJ being in the running for the Yosh seat?

Me either, but it could be another name in the bucket. As of today neither of the Yosh seats are spoken for.

11. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Wow, would have thought they were a whole lot cheaper than that!!
    Is there any electronics at all on those bikes???

You can put together a pretty decent Late model for that coin...

12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Do I look like I'm joking???

13. Nailed it. I was about to make the exact same comment (I recently ran across some drone racing).

I completely understand ours is a niche sport. But godamn. I find it hard to believe that more people care about some of the horseshit on ESPN. Drone racing? Synchronized swimming? Water Polo? Cliff diving? Hell I’ve even seen Cricket highlights on ESPN...fucking CRICKET!

I know we aren’t the UK, but I absofuckinglutely refuse to believe there are more people playing Cricket and racing Drones, than there are riding motorcycles in the USA.

I know we will never be as big as the major ball sports, but there is no way our sport should be as “secret” as it is. Something just isn’t right.

Newyork and turbulence like this.
  14. Perfect. :crackup:

t11ravis likes this.
  15. That’s racist!

16. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Would MA be more popular if all the major manufactures had a team in SBK? Maybe that's one thing that helps Supercross, you can look on the TV and say "Go Orange guy" because he has the same bike as you.

It doesn't help that the last time someone asked me "How can I watch", and I had to say "It's on BeIn sports, it's a separate package that you probly don't have and it might not be available because they have a dispute with direct tv and comcast. but a replay will be on youtube."

I think it would really help to get on ESPN, after the helicopter toy racing

17. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

One of the worst things I've seen on ESPN: Cornhole.

If they can air Live on ESPN, MA should at least be able to get tape delay.

badmoon692008 and Gorilla George like this.
  18. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Yep. Couldn’t believe what I was seeing when it was on last month.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Cornhole? ESPN showed e sports. E sports is not even a sport and the "players" are not athletes.

20. Hoffman900