1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

JD just posted on IG that he is partnered with Estenson in AFT for next season. Says more details to come, but my guess is he road races part time and runs AFT full time? Bummer to see him leave road racing full time if that's the case.

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

That’s gonna he tough because there’s almost double the dirt events as road race so I’m guessing he might do 3-5 road races for Rick

3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

At least there is some money for them out there in the dirt world.

4. Hoffman900

Pretty much how I see it, I can only think of a couple races where that could work. For example, based on previous years, he could do NJMP on Sunday, but his Saturday is going to tied up at Williams Grove.

5. Hoffman900

I think Robby pretty much hinted at there being more money in AFT than road racing currently.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  6. Robby-Bobby

He would have to qualify on Friday for that to happen...

I see some huge marketing potential there....

Could be the first to ever win a pro flat track and road race in same weekend!

7. Robby-Bobby

More potential for sure

The payout no but sponsorship for sure with NBC viewership. Motoamerica needs to figure out what AFT is doing.

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. Hoffman900

Assuming it's not a two day event...

Agreed. I want MotoAmerica to succeed, but it's not going to happen with BeIn, especially with the nonsense they pulled this summer. Seems there is more interest from the manufacturers in AFT as well, or is that just a misguided observation? I think JD going full time flat track racing is a huge win for AFT from a marketing perspective. I enjoy rooting for some of the AFT riders, but I'm not really a "fanboi" of anyone in particular. This changes that and I'm probably not the only one.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I thought it was DMG? motoamerica has nothing to do with dirty track.

lonewrench likes this.
  10. Hoffman900

He means from a marketing perspective.

Good marketing > exposure > sponsorship interest > rides

Gorilla George and Robby-Bobby like this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

gotcha.

I still say I don't know why Motorcycle dirt tack is not the biggest racing series in the US. It is nearly perfect in that there is tons of action, you can see the entire race from your seat, it (could) translate well to TV and it has not been ruined by "cleaning up the racers."

stk0308 likes this.
  12. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Pretty easy to see actually, smaller venue, you can see all the action from any seat, it’s cheaper as well they are only racing for one day.

13. Hoffman900

and it allows them to run more events, which equals more exposure.

14. shakazulu12

End of the day, most of America still just doesn't care about motorcycles. But I agree with you on all points.

15. Hoffman900

This was interesting. Any truth to this or someone just talking out of place?

Here is something interesting...

Facebook:
    American Flat Track: 814k likes
    MotoAmerica: 111k likes

Instagram:
    American Flat Track: 43.7k followers
    MotoAmerica: 65.2k followers

Instagram is a lot more popular with millenials than FB, which is pretty "grey" as a social media platform goes, but it it seems AFT has a wider reach.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    The Great One and badmoon692008 like this.
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Most of America doesn't care about drone racing yet there it is on ESPN :crackup:

17. shakazulu12

[​IMG]

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So still no word on who will be Elias' teammate ehh?

19. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

Also why SX is doing extremely well. Logistics similar to flat track but marketing on another level...

20. Hoffman900