1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2016 GNF thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Oct 16, 2016.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Yuck. Glad you are OK Chris. Those multi bike pile ups suck bad. Just remember, no matter how sore you are it beats the hell out of sitting on a rig in the middle of the ocean...:D

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Thanks dude. Yeah, that is true.

I feel like warmed over smashed ass today, but I'm pretty sure nothing is broken or anything like that. Nothing that some GNF adrenaline mixed with a sniff of MR12 won't fix. Ill be good to go Friday.

BigBird likes this.
  3. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I'll be there late Wednesday night. The rest of our crew will be there late afternoon on Wednesday

4. sowega

sowega #710

Nobody cares.

Gorilla likes this.
  5. drop

drop Well-Known Member

When I drove up, the look you had in your eyes was wierd. It was a mixture of wtf, now my shits scratched, my bikes fucked, this sucks, I want to punch a baby, wtf happened, and dont tear my shit up when you load it lol.

BigBird likes this.
  6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

It can be terrifying to be a part of a big multi-bike crash like that. Glad you and everyone else is ok.

Will be there Thursday AM.

Gorilla and Gorilla George like this.
  7. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

I came out of museum and saw you guys still sliding. Glad you're all ok. See you all Thursday night. My trailer is the small ugly black one with a fish on it in G lot. If someone gets there before can you make sure it's still there? ;)

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:beer: Race gas and adrenalin will cure almost anything!

Gorilla George and BigBird like this.
  9. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

wow, this reminds me of a few years ago at a TD there and a bike popped a motor exiting T2. I came though there and the sun hit it just right so I checked up but the next 9 bikes wasn't so lucky.

Glad your OK Chris.

Good luck everyone at the GNF. Wish I could be there

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Chris glad you are okay.

That reminds me of a time Tyler crashed. Bike was a bit mangled, but then the crash truck guys dropped it onto the good side and dented the canister. Tyler told me about it when we were accessing damage. I asked him if he said anything to them and he said no, I figured they were doing the best they could. Smart kid, I think he learned from his mom. When I raced I probably would have been stupid and said, nice job or something along those lines. Luckily, now that I'm older, I think I could have kept my mouth shut. LOL.

11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Good luck to all you guys racing Barber! I'm getting a little tired of Daytona....maybe a little WERA next year...

Is the GNF invitation only? What do you have to do to qualify?

12. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Where did we land on snorkels?

Also, why are Dunlops so bad, and Pirellis so good?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'll be moving to Lot C on Wednesday....

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can run any Vintage or National class - they're points championships. For the winner take all Sportsman stuff you have to have run that class earlier in the season at a regular round.

Phl218 and Gino230 like this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

Make it into the top ten post count in one month on the bbs that year :D

Gino230 likes this.
  16. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

So MetalHead has a lifetime invite ... :D

17. That's cool. We will be there all day.

I had read that somewhere else and I asked the guy about it when I was filling out the form (if we are supposed to go to Lot C or Lot G), and he said Lot G. He said a couple of other people have asked him about Lot C and he wasn't sure where that was coming from.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Coming from us :D

We're set up with Zoom to park people in C on Wednesday with Emily getting there at 2 or so to sell wristbands and someone from Zoom to do camping/power. There will be a separate line for vendors, no you can't get it in unless you're a vendor. They'll go first, then riders in the order they lined up.

No parking at all in front of the winners circle, no one no how don't care how special you are or how much you need power or anything else.

The area between the middle hill and the handicapped spots towards the tower against the grass is reserved. If you don't know who it's for then you shouldn't park there. No I don't care if you parked there last time or last year or how big your rig is that can't fit anywhere else.

19. Dude. That is perfect. That is EXACTLY what was going through my head. Haha

It was like, I was sooo fucking mad, but I knew there was nobody or nothing to actually be mad at. His motor blew, it happens. I was just in a bad spot at a bad time. There was nothing anyone could have done about it. But I was loving that bike and it looked so badass, and now its fucked up and I wanted to uppercut a puppy.

That was the first time ive ever went down on oil. It was a weird feeling. I mean it was instantaneous. As soon as I leaned over to the right, that was it. No warning, no chatter, no noise, just gone. But we are hauling ass through that chicane, so I slid forever on my ass (trying to dodge more bikes that were sliding behind me), then I hit those concrete gatorback rumble strip things and it sent me tumbling.

20. Ah ok :D

Where is C? I don't think I have ever seen that sign.