1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

It has a second caliper for just a parking brake? Wow that seems strange to me. Every car\truck I've had with rear discs has what is essentially a drum brake inside the rotor. Even my BMW...

2. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I have seen high end/performance cars with a large one for handling the slowing and a small one for the parking brake.

I guess it has to do with keeping the main braking system away from possible issues if/when the parking brake system is tied in as well.

thrak410 likes this.
  3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Learn something new every day... seems like the extra weight would counter any perceived benefit on high end performance cars, but what do I know lol

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's common on Brembos and other high end braking systems. You don't want/need that huge rear caliper clamping down all the time while in E-brake use.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It can't weigh but a few pounds. I know it's unsprung weight, but it's still negligible.

6. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I have a car with rear discs that has the parking brake cam incorporated into the calipers. Unfortunately, one of the cams sticks so if I use the parking brake, the caliper drags on one side.

7. sdg

sdg *

Let me guess: Honda?

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Could also be a VW....

9. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

finger on the trigger and its a .22

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I would not volunteer to be shot by a 22

969 and MachineR1 like this.
  11. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I was at a Lambo/McLaren dealership last week (on a field trip, not buying) and when I asked the salesman what it was, he said parking brake.

12. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Thunderbird

13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

14. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

WTF is going on here? is this some form of underground feminist movement? why are these bitches drinking water from wine glasses?
    rsz_120190121_185235.jpg

15. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

'Cause any more diuretics and these four would turn into the Crypt Keeper.

pfhenry likes this.
  16. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

My cousin had a part in that movie. It’s always funny when he pops up on a show and we’re like “hey, there’s Chet!”

pfhenry likes this.
  17. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Never EVER ride your street bike to an endurance race!

[​IMG]

ToofPic, badmoon692008 and CR750 like this.
  18. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

The ratcheting piston parking brakes on Hondas are exactly like the system Cadillac came out with in 1977. In both cars, not using the parking brake contributes to their eventually binding up.
    Cadillac came out with this elaborate bulletin to deal with diagnosing and repairing them. We trimmed it down to spraying the calipers with penetrant, giving them a few whacks with a hammer and cranking on the actuating arm with a pair of vice grips until the pads were clamping on the rotors. Then we paid ourselves the 3.5 hours that the warranty operation called for.

motoracer1100, Sabre699 and sdg like this.
  19. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

:Poke:

masshole likes this.
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds