1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Neighbour a mile away used to keep some. He died and the family just let them go. One ended up at my house, and my neighbour fell in love with the damn thing. Problem was that the neighbour would feed it on my porch, and that was where it decided to live. Damn things are very noisy. One morning after a night of drinking the damn thing started calling out at 6am. My porch was right next to my bedroom window. Me in my hungover state did not want to be awake. I grabbed a pellet gun and walked out the door. It left my porch and walked around the back of the house trying to avoid me. I took one shot at about 80ft. It jumped up about 2ft into the air and hit the ground dead. Threw it in the trunk of my car, and went back to bed. The neighbour asked a few days later if I had seen it lately and I told them I had hoped it mean away. I threw the carcass in a field behind my dads business

RichB likes this.
  2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Dude’s a buck-40, with a 22lr pistol and a pellet gun! I’m not scared:crackup:

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Must be a Canadian thing. When we moved out here there was a large pack of "wild" ones that made home between my house and a couple neighbors. They would hang out on my porch, and weren't phased by us at all. Nice birds, but that scream they make is quite something lol. Eventually one of the neighbors started shooting them because he bought a new truck and they were climbing all over it. Another neighbor decided to pen them up to keep the rest safe. I liked having them around, they roamed my garden picking off all the bugs, but never touched the plants.

Here's a hen with one of the babies on my porch. There were quite a few babies around the one summer, and it was cool to see them grow up.
    [​IMG]

Here's the small male. He doesn't have any tail feathers because there was another more dominant male that would pluck them out when ever this on got a new one.
    [​IMG]

Prospect and K51000 like this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

5. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I don't blame you for shooting the bird if it was a habitual drunk. :crackup:

badmoon692008, K51000, Razr and 3 others like this.
  6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

This is weird not because the wheel broke, but the dual calipers and no rotor. Staged?

9. Parking brake?

10. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Rotor shattered when the weight of the car fell on it?

K51000 likes this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Ceramic rotor broke off. You can still see the aluminum hat near the hub

12. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

P
    +1

13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Too much brake it broke.

sharkattack likes this.
  14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Or simply slid into a curb.... Notice the flat.... I have seen many rims do this...

masshole likes this.
  15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Duranni now makes wheels for Alfa ? :D

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's an Alfa, it's not supposed to work everyday!!!!

17. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I've done exactly that myself- sideways into a curb.

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You can only really show it off while it's parked anyway, driving it is secondary to its purpose.

19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Northern Drivers.....:crackup::beer:

20. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Rossi did that too last year- that bum behind the wheel... :Poke: