1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now Tell Me The Bad About Infinity QX80

Discussion in 'General' started by Sleeping Psycho, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

We had a 05 QX56. My wife put on 100K miles with just oil changes and one set of front brakes. She still says that is her favorite car of everything she has ever owned. Car still looked excellent when we got rid of it. Only issue was bad fuel economy.

2. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I've had several Nissan/Infiniti and gas mileage was my only complaint from any. In that price range though the Q7 TDI hard to beat. Should be able to get a Q7 TDI Premium with Tow and Cold weather package for about $52k, but you can easily run into the upper $60s with options.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

new body but still mostly Armada running gear under the hood but the Q gets the 8 spd tranny I think which improves the MPG a bit. I like our Armada enough the big Q could be it's replacement one day

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I have a friend that used to sell new Nissans. He said to avoid the Armada/QX because nearly all of them crack headers after a few years and it's big $$$ to fix if you're not still under warranty.

5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

covered under Fed emissions warranty but the replacement ones the dealer puts on will also crack at some point.. seems to happen about the 70k miles mark

6. Sleeping Psycho

Sleeping Psycho Well-Known Member

Okay thanks, this is the kind of bad you need to know about. Wonder what the repair cost is and how much an extended warrant goes for unless they are calling cracked headers normal wear and tear.

7. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

How much are you looking to tow? Our 2010 GL450 is roomy, keeps the kids at bay (with the tvs), and will tow our Air Nautique 220 (4070 empty without trailer). Lightly used/lease trade ins are reasonable. After 2008 all the kinks/issues in the new model seemed to be worked out. Plus the air suspension makes it drive like an SUV and not a full-sized truck. (and don't be scared of the air suspension - our last one I replaced 3 air shocks myself relatively painlessly for about $400.)

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

The #s say the GL is the best selling big SUV right now, even more than the fabled Escalade

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

And the numbers say I'm a well adjusted, friendly and positive member of society. Reality shows that the numbers are shit.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

^^^LOL

I would choose a Mazda or Honda 11/10 times.

11. Sleeping Psycho

Sleeping Psycho Well-Known Member

Lokking to tow about 6 to 7k. Just want to be sure that tow vehicle is heaviy enough not to have the trailer steering it on hard braking. GL s are nice and was wondering about them. The grande cherokee's design was based on them I believe. Will look at the specs.

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I assume the Euro offerings have independent rear suspension, many years ago I remember reading people say they don't make good tow vehicles, this still true?