1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now Tell Me The Bad About Infinity QX80

Discussion in 'General' started by Sleeping Psycho, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Sleeping Psycho

Sleeping Psycho Well-Known Member

Last thread asked about the Toyota Sequoia and produced valuable info on both sequoia and tundra. Want and drove both but need SUV type tow vehicle, not pick up. Test drove the infinity QX80 and I think if it had the Toyota Sequoia track record it would be a no brainier, but it is rather new.trying to find if there are any reasons not to use it as my new tow vehicle. So what is the bad if anyone knows. Oh by the way, I'm taking a bus 90 miles to go retrieve my 1996 GMG Yukon with 80k miles on it, which broke down last weekend after a track day. Afraid I have lost confidence and so thinking QX80 if I can handle the bad so have at it.

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

62,000$ :eek: ho lee chit

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

That must be base model- I'm seeing used ones for more than that!

Other items in the "bad" column...it's hideous...it's not a Toyota...

OP- you never mentioned if you were seeking new or used???

4. Tristan

If you were towing less than 7k lbs I'd suggest a Lexus GX or 03-09 4runner (the same V8 as in the GX), but at 7K I'd be looking a diesel trucks.

5. Tristan

FWIW the GX is rated at 6500lbs and the V8 4Rnr is 7000

6. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

how was the yulon up til 80,000? if it was good i wouldnt loose confidence in it, anything can break, but if its had a bunch of issues i understand

how about an escalade?

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I've owned two Titans that I put over 100K on and the Infiniti is basically a tarted up Titan SUV. Electrical and front brake rotors are the two biggest complaints I've heard.

Other than that I've had no drive train issues.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Is that the bullshit tow rating manufacturers have pulled out of their ass for years or the newly defined test standards tow rating?

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

10. 418

418 Expert #59

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I need more ig'nant fuggerz to buy these so I can get one in my budget. :D

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Q7 ain't all that big. It's small compared to some of the 'merican offerings.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don't.
    Care.

I wantz a diesel, and I want everyone who sees me driving it to know without meeting me that I'm a prick. :up:

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Pricks don't drive audis, shit, I drive an audi.

15. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Have you looked at the X5? We recently picked up a 2011 diesel. Pulls great, nice vehicle. Several buds also have them and I haven't heard anything bad about them

16. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

The QX80 is not new. It's a QX56 with a new name.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Sarah drives an Audi. Don't try and tell me nothin' there Low Clearance. :Poke:

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

I am NOT a Nissan fan their cars and Murano are pure shyte, and Not much experience with this truck, but Infiniti service is very good and tries to take care of any issue. They try to be very Lexus like in this regard. We have a G37x (only got it because of this forum recommendations) and it's the only dealership that I trust my wife to go alone since I don't think she'll get hustled. The car in one year has been trouble free and I couldn't say that about my previous experience with BMW.

My buddy had a FX35 and never had any issues and my in-laws had the first gen qx56 and any issues, primarily the brakes, were taken care of by the dealership.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dur-ran, I had a Q7 loaner a few months back and it was awesome. Loaded, 20" wheels, heated steering wheel and rear seat. I really liked it.

Until I found out what it was selling for. :eek: :eek:

20. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

If my 4cyl Q5 can tow a few thousand pounds without a sweat (and be rated at 5K), then a TDI Q7 will do just fine.

Around here, the TDIs bring a better resale value than the gasers. But overall, I don't think anything over $50K is going to resell well. Makes more sense to lease something that pricy.

I like Infinitis on paper (used to own one of the first gen G30s), but the recent style is just a bit gaudy for me. It's like they're trying too hard to be different, and overly complex.