1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing is safe/sacred from the morons...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Who, for instance? GW, nope. TJ, nope. BF, perhaps. JA, nope. JM, nope. I'm too lazy to research the signers of the DoI....I will grant you that in their day it was very difficult to be anti-religious so it may be difficult to do proper research.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Again - the DoI has nothing to do with our system of government.

The Constitution. The Bill of Rights. Those are the documents that our government is built upon.

The DoI, Federalist and Anti-Federalist Papers are the scratch pads the brainstorming happened on and have no legal standing.

You may want to do a bit more reading on the men you listed...

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They're different people?

4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Yeah. One allows pictures. :crackup: :D

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I thought it was the same person with different BS background stories.

6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Maybe that’s why there’s no pics allowed of Allah ... plausible deniability????

upload_2019-6-24_11-27-9.jpeg

7. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

More than a few of the Founding Fathers were Unitarians.

8. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

You have no clue what natural law or laws of nature. Now, that is funny.

9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

"As our forefathers sought to build "one nation under God," they purposely established their legal codes on the foundation of Natural Law. They believed that societies should be governed, as Jefferson put it, by "the moral law to which man has been subjected by his Creator, and of which his feelings, or conscience as it is sometimes called, are the evidence with which his Creator has furnished him. The moral duties which exist between individual and individual in a state of nature accompany them into a state of society,... their Maker not having released them from those duties on their forming themselves into a nation." (Writings of Thomas Jefferson, 3:228) Throughout the first century of US. history, natural law was upheld as a key principle of government by the American people and their leader, not only by Presidents and the Congress, but also by the Supreme Court. In the view of the Court, its members were to decide cases by exercising "that understanding which Providence has bestowed upon them." (Gibbons v. Ogden, 22 U.S. 1, 186-87, 1824). Since the laws they adjudicated were based on "the preexisting and higher authority of the laws of nature," (The West River Bridge Company v. Joseph Dix, 47 U.S. 507, 532, 1848), they relied less on judicial precedent than on "eternal justice as it comes from intelligence... to guide the conscience of the Court." (Rhode Island v. Massachusetts, 39 U.S. 210, 225, 1840)."

The majority of the founding father didn't write the constitution.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

So, umm, where is that “God” defined as the God of Judeo-Christianity?

Keep digging...

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, they do. What's your point? If I agreed with their decision I'd never have posted about it....

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Isn't it in a traffic circle?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eminent domain and roadway right of ways is a ton of it.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They are all the same basic religion.

You can keep insisting that the cross on public land doesn't make it seem as if the government prefers one religion over another but you'd still be wrong. ;)

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well, I am happy with the ruling. It’s just interesting to hear the two sides of it etc.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you want to go that far sure, they're all Jews. Just different cults.

As for the marker, is it at the site of some slaughter I missed?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Always wondered - were any of these things done in the first years? I know there is a ton of religious stuff that people assume has always been there but really wasn't - like the Pledge of Allegiance.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed, I truly don't care one way or the other and it is interesting. Some year I'll find time and read the entire ruling and justifications.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, yeah, nothing Jefferson wrote mentions God and especially no specific god...

20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Washington placed his hand on a bible when he assumed office...early enough for you? I believe the" ....so help me God" was handed down from English law. As far as the Chaplain saying a prayer at the start of Congress I'd be very surprised if that was a 20th century thing.