1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing is safe/sacred from the morons...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, Feb 21, 2018.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Show me where I said you argued that.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm good with nuking all of that.

3. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of someone arguing the definition of "is." :crackup:

You may confuse Gitche Manitou with God, the creator but I positive T. Jefferson didn't otherwise he would have mentioned it in the letter.

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Can someone translate this to English?

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And you’re too dense to comprehend that Thomas Jefferson wasn’t a Christian...

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Not since I stopped drinking...

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Is that why you're so damn argumentative lately? :Poke:

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You kidding? Arguing with you maroons would drive a Baptist into the bottle. :moon:

9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Nope, you are debunked again. He was anti-roman catholic but still a christian. What part of christian did you not understand in anti-clerical Christian?

10. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Watch the whole fifteen minutes and you'll be glad Hillary lost.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

He was a Deist.

Well documented. You shouldn’t have a problem finding reference to it somewhere other than your Theocrat Handbook. :Poke:

12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

You are ignoring his very own words. He wrote a book called "The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth" which is also known as Jefferson Bible. In private letters Jefferson also described himself as subscribing to other certain philosophies, in addition to being a Christian. He was a Christian Deist as a Diest still believe in God.

"In summary, then, Jefferson was a deist because he believed in one God, in divine providence, in the divine moral law, and in rewards and punishments after death; but did not believe in supernatural revelation. He was a Christian deist because he saw Christianity as the highest expression of natural religion and Jesus as an incomparably great moral teacher. He was not an orthodox Christian because he rejected, among other things, the doctrines that Jesus was the promised Messiah and the incarnate Son of God. Jefferson's religion is fairly typical of the American form of deism in his day."

You really suck at this, so I'm going to let you have the last word.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You’re a moron.

:D

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And, uhh, isn’t the foundational belief of Christianity that Jesus Christ is the son of God borne of a virgin, walks on water, rises from the dead, cures leprosy, so on and so forth?

So Jefferson’s acknowledged rejection of the mystical magical other-worldly Jew kinda, you know, like proves he wasn’t a Christian?

But, you know, maybe words don’t have meaning anymore...

15. In Your Corner

That was three words.

16. In Your Corner

A Christian is simply someone who follows the
    teachings and examples of Christ.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

No

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

or claims to

pickled egg likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The people that erected this monument were honoring friends and family that went to war in support of this country and didn't come home. They were NOT making a religious statement and were not endeavoring to offend or exclude. It was about those that sacrificed and those seeking to honor that sacrifice, not us...either side.

20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I don't need to watch that. I am glad Hillary lost. I still have no idea what your post was trying to say and at this point I have pretty much lost interest.