1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing is safe/sacred from the morons...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, Feb 21, 2018.

1. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I agree that Western Civilization is influenced by Greek reasoning and teleology, see we agree. You still have not defined your issue, Mr Socrates. Ever heard of guy named Homer Simpson?

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Google image answered my question so I deleted my post.

:)

upload_2019-6-23_10-42-40.jpeg

sheepofblue and pickled egg like this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I defined my issue in the post calling you out.

This country was not founded on Judeo-Christian principles.

4. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

What was it founded on?

5. pickled egg

Individual liberty.

6. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Yup, that too.

7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Our system is clearly based on European doctrines. That includes Christian belief systems. No denying it, it just is. Separation of church and state was meant to prevent a national religion. That's good. Denial of the basis of our system is foolhardy at best. Do you seriously want to change the very basis of our system? If so...go vote for Commie Bernie. Otherwise your choices are quite restricted.

8. pickled egg

Cite the Christian belief system that served as a foundation of our system of government...

9. Motofun352

In God we trust? Do you seriously think they were reffering to Allah?

10. pickled egg

That describes exactly what part of our system of government?

[​IMG]

11. Motofun352

I'm not defending a religious belief system...only explaining the basis of our system. The founders were exceptional men but men of their time. Religion...basically Christian religion, was a foundation for them. I respect that. It's not my foundation but that's on me. I'm not interested in tearing down their belief system. I'm quite comfortable living and let live.

12. pickled egg

You’re doing a shit job of explaining our system then.

I’m waiting for *one* tenet of the Christian belief system to be cited as the foundation of *some* part of our system of governance.

And waiting...and waiting...

With all the Christian Nation fundies our there, should be simple...right?

13. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

All men are created equal as defined by the Declaration of Independence is one tenet. The natural laws define the inherent rights endowed by nature (God) as written in the DoI. Name another religion that contains any of these tenets? The DoI is the first step in defining the nation and is considered the foundation for forming the US.

14. pickled egg

See, if you’re going to claim x came from y, you’re gonna have to actually demonstrate x and y.

See above.

You haven’t shown where this concept of “natural rights” is reflected in the tenets of Judeo-Christian doctrine.

The DoI was a bill of grievances against the governance of the Crown. It was in no way, shape or form the basis for our form of governance.

15. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

If there wasn't a DoI, then the USA would not exist. Never mind they are written by the basic same author.

You skipped the "all men are created equal" which is the moral standard in which the nation would strive to achieve and is the same posit as "man is created in the image of god." One interpretation is this tenet is man should strive to live as if he was god. Straight quote from Wiki..."Christian writers have stated that despite the Image of God being partially lost, each person fundamentally has value regardless of class, race, gender or disability. Regardless of the exact meaning of being made in the Image of God, the concept is a foundational doctrine of Christianity and Judaism."

What part of god is not reflected in the tenets of Judeo-Christian values? Do you know what are the naturals laws?

16. pickled egg

That’s like saying if there wasn’t an inkwell, the USA would not exist... :rolleyes:

So man is equal to god. That’s a new one...

So your argument that the US is a Judeo-Christian-based form of government is that?

I mean, wow. That’s one shaky ass branch to hang your argument from...

17. Motofun352

Are you asking where in the constitution is the Bible mentioned? No where to my knowledge.
    On the other hand the Bible shows up in many official places in the traditional government process. So many that it's hardly an accident. Who did you swear to when giving testimony? What do you place your hand on when accepting an official office? Who says a prayer at the beginning of congress? While the founders were smart enough to insist on a separation of church and state they were not agnostic either. Do you think their upbringing and (dare I say) religious training had no bearing on what they concocted?

18. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Yup, prove it wrong but just saying something is shaky with no backup is just bs.

You have a serious reading composition disorder, as expected from a troll. You still have not addressed natural laws.

and waiting....and waiting.

Nor have you answered any questions, seems if you had an argument you would have an answer.

So final question which you will ignore cause you can't answer, name another government constitution that defines the natural laws (life, liberty, property...I'll spell it out for you)?

19. pickled egg

You haven’t expressed one single Judeo-Christian tenet that underpins the government of the United States.

You said it. Prove it.

20. pickled egg

Nope. Our new resident theocrat spouted off the usual BS talking point of the holier-than-thou crowd on our country being founded on Christian principles and ideals...then ate a shit sandwich of fail in proving his posit while insisting I prove him wrong.

The basis for our form of government is not Judeo-Christian based. It is based on the concepts of individual liberty, split sovereignty and the rule of law.

The majority of our Founders weren’t Christian. None of them were Jewish. Most of them were Deist or Humanist. Quite a few of them were openly hostile to Christianity.