1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No-mar tire changer

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Auron

Auron Well-Known Member

Is there a particular size or type anchor you use?

2. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Dear Lord, I'm having awful flashbacks from your story.
    I had to remove F & R Dunlop tires so I could pack up my rims and send them to a fabricator, so I watched a few YouTube videos etc.
    I can tell you it was the most frustrating experience, I couldn't do it I couldn't even get close.. they were so stiff I was going to get injured.
    I ended up using a sawzall, wire cutters and cut the tires off I would say it took me 3 hours in 120 degree temperatures never again... never!:(:eek:

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Yup - it was the ones you drop in and then use a punch to set them. I’ll get pics/specs of them later this morning as I have a ton of extras.

Auron likes this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

toughest tire I ever did was on a CR500 rear wheel. It must have been 25+ years old. It laughed at the bead breaker & c clamps. I cut the carcass and nipped the beads.

5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Here it is - the RL-38 drop in. Confirm that your NoMar takes 3/8" bolts, but if so this is what you need (need the anchors and the anchor setting tool - they've got some kind of goo inside them and when hit with the tool they lock into place).

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Red-Hea...nvVZB8ycplyLtJkFjVhoCYrIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you're anywhere near Bucks County, PA, I've got about 46 extra from when I bought it and you're welcome to them.

Attached Files:

Phl218, Auron and youngR like this.
  6. Auron

Auron Well-Known Member

I’m surprised how low to the ground this is, don’t you want it higher to use your hip?

Classic HD, the stand piece is only knee high before assembly

Attached Files:

7. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Easiest/cheapest way would be to go full auto with a pneumatic, in your garage. $500 more than a No-mar is all it would be. Too little too late i suppose since you have a no mar already.

8. TurboBlew

03RumbleBee likes this.
  9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Presale on the streetbike version is now live. US shipments scheduled to begin in July.

I'll reserve considering till I see some real-world reviews, but this might be something to add to the arsenal if it lives up to the hype.....

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

looks like a really cool tool and makes a lot of sense from what the slide / wedge thing does.

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Not impressed as they're doing a new tire in the video. Let's see them do a 4 year old bald 180/60r16 off a gold wing. And I like to stand up and be able to apply force if needed, and the tire needs to be parallel to the ground IMO

rd400racer likes this.
  12. grapejuiceboys

grapejuiceboys Well-Known Member

It looks like it uses the spokes to keep the wheel from turning, doesn't seem like a good idea.

13. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

I have been doing that for years on my Nomar and never had any kind of issue.
    I drop a padded pin through one of the arms of the nomar and it prevents the
    wheel from spinning without having to put a lot of pressure on the outside diameter of the wheel.
    Most wheels don't need it but sometimes you get a stubborn, cruddy tire that just doesn't want to let go.

14. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Me too. Made one for my HF changer and zero issues?

15. TurboBlew

should the demo include the Goldwing lying on its side to show how to remove the rear wheel? :)
    :beer::Poke:
    [​IMG]