1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No-mar tire changer

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

Who uses them?

I came a cross a pro model and consider selling it since I've always done it on my home built one.

Quite neat, but for 3 times a year maybe too much. Opinions?

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I have the junior pro. I use it all the time and also mount tires for local guys to fund my track addiction.

3. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

I have one of the early pro models. Love it.
    I have it mounted on a plywood platform so I can move it around
    the garage as necessary. Paid for itself the first season I owned it.

The only tires I have trouble with are VROD rear tires and other heavy cruiser types.
    For sport bike tires it's quick and easy to use.

4. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

I have been putting off buying one for a couple years now. I still do mine with spoons and a HF bead breaker. I did buy the No-Mar static balancer stand and cones. I do my own car and truck tires as well. The spin balances that the tire stores do always suck. The No-mar jr pro is the one I have my eye on. Would make my life much easier.

I'm sorry, but are you saying you have come across a used one for sale? Dude if you don't get it, let the community know.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

The pro is a nice unit if you are doing a variety of different sized tires. If youre just doing 17" sportbike tires... then it might be overkill. It is nice being able to do my own trailer & truck tires though. :D Did some 14" slicks for a friend at 10pm one Saturday night. He was tickled to death he could go out street racing that evening. :D

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The Posi Clamps made Harley tires a million times easier. The only issue I have is that the wheels spin in the clamps when I'm putting the new tire on.

7. dammyneckhurts

dammyneckhurts Well-Known Member

We have the classic model, have probably done well over 200 tire changes on it since buying it 5 years ago. It works the same today as when it was brand new. It's awesome.

There are most defiantly a few tricks to make it easier to get tires on and off, pay attention to the instruction videos.

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

Will post pics tomorrow. Got it today

I guess it's awesome compared to what I've used now. If it's not a big change I might get rid of it

9. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Lube is your friend

10. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

i'm interested in seeing your home built one.

11. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I've had my Jr. Pro since 2007 and cannot tell you how many tires I've changed on it. That same year, we bought two of the Baxley sport chocks and those two items are some of the best money spent motorcycle related.

12. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

^^^^THIS^^^^

No-mar actually running a sale right now, anybody got a coupon code??????

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

Home built one

It's out of aluminum profiles. Same structure as others. 3 points to capture outer rim, hardwood Anchors and included bead breaker. Center pin to use the bar on. Guess the pro will make all that easier.

Have to find pics. It's in my trailer in storage right now.

14. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

I have the classic model, love it.

You all of a sudden have a bunch of new friends coming over to use it when you get one.

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

:D

I know one of his friends that will be swinging by in a couple of weeks with some new stones. lol.

:D

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

quoted for the jokes that could be made at your expense. :Poke: Metalhead gets some stones and immediately wants to show them off to Phi218 :D

17. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Pay attention to this, I have a nomar as well and if you do it right it's incredibly easy, do it wrong and you will be cussing the machine. Once you get used to it no problem at all.

18. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

For how much they cost you can pick up a new automatic unit but you have to have air and/or electric for it. I didn't like the arm that holds the rod in the center because you can't remove it so you have to think about where you are starting not to end up getting stopped by it.

Their cycle hill (cheaper version) would be the better choice. I have the Harbor Freight set up and honestly all you're getting with any of them is a table with clamps.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

I've done about 10 tires on my homemade one so far, first tire took me about an hour, last one bout 10 minutes or less... True, the vids are essential, otherwise you're just fighting the rubber.

Will get the new one anchored in the floor.

consumer38 likes this.
  20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I can do tires by hand just as fast...the biggest advantage seems to be working standing up versus on the floor. If you only do 20 or so tire changes a year this seems to be quite a few $. not to mention it's a big machine and takes up quite a bit of shop space.