1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Endurance, Why no Team 60?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by cajun636, Aug 26, 2015.

1. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I got to thinking, and jonesing for some endurance type racing. CMRA seems to have a pretty good turn out for the Team 60 (27 teams last round) and CCS does pretty well with their TC. I'm sure this has been asked before but figured I'd ask.

2. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

What is a team 60? A longer Solo20?

Anyone know if there will be a wee Ninja endurance at Jennings this year?

3. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

It's on the schedule for Nov. 21-22. Not sure about class structure this year though.

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Basically a 60 minute race with two riders, two bikes, and one transponder. CMRA uses a Lemans start but I don't really agree with that, I feel nothing can be gained from it. But anyways, it seems to have a good following and all size bikes on track at the same time just like a regular endurance.

It's kinda like a mini endurance. Bikes have to come in after a set number of laps to switch out. That way it prevents one rider from riding the whole thing.

5. Brett A

Brett A Well-Known Member

Interesting.....

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thought about it, may try something like it some day.

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

A couple supposedly. I think Steve B is working on some kinda grand prize to attract folks.
    My understanding its going to require some pit strategy...as in the race is longer than 2hrs. :beer:

8. t11ravis

:up::up::up:

9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Awesome!! Sign me up!

10. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

seems like it would be worth a try

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Or even if the logistics of two different bikes is a pain just use one. But the draw for two bikes I guess is that way if someone crashes they crash their own shit.

12. t11ravis

I think that is exactly the reason. Being on your own machine eliminates all that worry.

13. I have always said I really like the idea of a "tag team" type of event. An Endurance race where each person rides their own bike. A rider would pit in just like any other Endurance, the difference is that the next rider is sitting there on his bike, ready to go. Rider A must come to a FULL stop in front of the Pit, then Rider B takes off.

It would be easy enough to manage by making it a true "Tag" event. Rider B sits in hot pit about 5-6' away from the wall (closer to Hot Pit lane) with his bike in neutral. Rider A comes into the Pit and stops between Rider B and the wall. Then when he comes to a complete stop, he reaches over with his throttle/brake hand, while Rider B reaches over with his Clutch hand, and they tag. Then Rider B takes off.

Since Rider A will reach over with his brake hand, he will have to be stopped. He can keep his clutch hand on the bars so he isn't required to put the bike into neutral. Rider B will reach up with his Clutch hand for the tag, so he will have to be fully stopped with his bike in neutral. A "tag" that is setup like that essentially forces the tag to be performed while both riders are stopped. Then Rider B puts his bike into gear and takes off.

I think that would be the most fun thing ever. You still get the Team aspect of Endurance racing with the camaraderie and everything, but with each rider being responsible for their own bike (fuel, tires, crash damage etc) so that takes a lot of the headache/hassle/worry out of it.

Assuming the rules are SB rules, Livengood and I would definitely enter such an event on our R6's. I don't have a current CCS license, but I had planned on getting on just so we could do the Team Challenge thing.

If the rules are SS, I am sure me and Eddie would do it on our 1299/R1.

In other words, either way I am in.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Well CMRA rules don't tag but use the transponder as the "tag". But yeah I love the idea of it.

15. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

If anyone needs a rider, I think I can up with one.

16. t11ravis

Can't imagine who that would be... :D

17. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Sounds great, would like to make it down for that:up:

18. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I'd sure enjoy a Team-60 style event if it comes to fruition. Let's do it.

19. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

If you're gonna do it you have to be better than the Team 60. I say go with the Team 70.

Attached Files:

20. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

If WERA adds this to the '16 season I'm in!