1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Endurance, Why no Team 60?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by cajun636, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lots of people said that about real endurance races too.

2. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Draik did a TC at VIR this weekend and had a blast! He would definitely be down for more. (They finished 3rd in class and 5th overall)

I think the idea of a relay (trasponder acts as the baton) sounds better than even a standard endurance.

After doing it this wekend he is wanting to do the 250 for sure now. So if anyone has a bike and needs a second rider, he for sure is your guy.

3. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

The proposed Team 60 challenge is not as big of a commitment as running a true endurance series. The format proposed removes most of the barriers. You don't need an endurance specific bike, the Team members don't have to worry about crashing the "Team Owners" bike, It will fit into a sprint weekend by substituting for the Solo Races or substituting it for practice on Vintage days and all you need to race the series is to find another Racer in the paddock that's interested. You could even run the event with a "Racers without Partners" component where Racers who entered as singles are paired up at Registration.

Put this in place and I would spend less money on Trackdays to get seat time because I'd be able to get that fix at WERA events.

I know it would be a risk for WERA but how about putting it on a few schedules in April and May to see if it draws. If it draws it gets added to additional schedules. If it doesn't draw it gets dropped.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

True that! It's basically just all three Solos being run simultaneously and consecutively. Theoretically you'd have the same number of entrants but paying more $ for ~50% more track time.

It would actually shorten the days schedule too.

5. :stupid:'s

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

You need to have the incoming bike be completely refueled, as well as swapping the transponder, to make it fair for the teams running one bike(they have to refuel as well as have used tires). Otherwise, require teams to run separate bike, at which time it becomes a relay race, not endurance racing.