1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFMP 9/21-22 Cancelled

Discussion in 'General' started by WERA, Sep 3, 2002.

1. WERA

WERA Administrator

Sorry to the new guys that we've been getting form FLorida but after this past weekend we have decided that we just can't afford to lose any more money there this year and cancelled the last race for the North FLorida Region.

We may move the double points to the Roebling round but that hasn't been decided yet.

Again, we are sorry but it can't be avoided.

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Dang, that's too bad. NFMP is a cool ass track.
    Hopefully, there's another track day in January so I can get this monkey off my back in the winter.:)

3. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

Loss the double points- just cancel it.
    that is my vote-

4. daytona

daytona Well-Known Member

BRING THE DOUBLE POINTS TO ROEBLING INSTEAD!!

5. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

Good thing for vintage :)

6. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

I understand the Canceling of it. There has been a low turnout. However, my vote is to just cancel it. NO DOUBLE POINTS. Why upset the apple cart? My question is, what good would it do in the SE region to give double points at this juncture when it was originally slated as a regular points round. That would be unfair to those who have already wrapped up championships in the SE. They may not have planned to make it to Roebling and now they will have to whether they have the money or not. In other words, the margin of victory would've made a single points win impossible to make up the deficit, therefore, no need to risk bike life and limb before the GNF. However, double points puts the championship within reach for those that have conceded already. I wouldn't see the benefit in changing it this late in the game.

7. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

MAN!! :mad: I guess I'll just have to go to PUTNAM and deliver my daughter's car while I'm at it.
    :eek: OH!! I guess I should actually find and get her the car first, huh? :rolleyes:

8. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

no double points at roebling
    some of have texassssssssssssssssssss
    :D

9. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

ahh man that was going to be my last weekend for the year. how far from gainesville ga to danville va???

10. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

5-6 hours.

11. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Please,please,please come to Putnam!!!! You don't know how bad it has been there... "Let's go with first,second, and third call for race........" :)

12. beauJ

beauJ Well-Known Member

What about next Year?

Is WERA going to cancel NFMP from next years roster or just this one race?
    Beau......:(

13. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Re: What about next Year?

As far as I know it's in the plans for next year. Hopefully the dates won't conflict with the CCS dates at Roebling and Moroso.

As far as double points, I think Mongo was considering double points only for the NF region, not SE.

14. beauJ

beauJ Well-Known Member

What about CCS

I dont follow CCS but what kind of turn out do they get at NFMP?
    I know there is a race there this Sat & Sun.
    Beau.

15. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Re: What about CCS

I have no idea. You should just wait and go to Roebling next weekend. :)

16. Martin M

Martin M Former BRP Rider

I.m not sure how the double points work with combined regions but please keep the SE points regular. I already made calculations for this end of a season and double p. for SE would break havoc in championship chasing. Did I mention TEXAS ?!

17. Crustyoldrider

Crustyoldrider Well-Known Member

Dang! That was going to be my season-ender, too. I guess I'll just have to cruise on up to VIR. I already have the time off scheduled...I'll just have to get Monday off too.

18. TLsupertwin

TLsupertwin Well-Known Member

DAMNIT!!!!!:mad: I love that track. Come on folks. We need some turnout down there next season. That was going to be my season ender also. I can't make it to Roebling. DAMNIT!!!! :(

I wonder if NFMP will have it's own races that weekend? I may have to join CCS.....

19. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

WOW- I'm in demand

:D Sorry to hear of that. I will see what I can do. I don't know if Sharon wants me to go up or not. We'll see. ;)

20. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I doubt that NFMP will run it's own races.