1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's my point. Eli has pretty shitty stats, but 2 SB rings, 1 SB MVP. I'm not so sure he's a shoe-in when the voting starts.

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Why the hate for Eli? He has two super bowl rings? Damn! Did he beat Marsha (Brady) twice in the Super Bowl? Isn’t the major qualifier for success in the NFL that you are a super bowl winner? He has that.
    Please explain the hate.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Not driving out, did you finally find some cheap tickets to fly in?

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Probably because he doesn't measure up to his brother. I don't have any hate for Eli, he had a great career. I think he might have a struggle to get in the HPF someday. I'm 50/50 on him getting in.

The best Manning QB might be Arch Manning. Peyton and Eli's nephew, Cooper's son. He threw for 34 touchdowns as a HS freshman on the varsity team. LSU's coach Ed Orgeron met with him earlier this week.

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Honestly, mine comes from 2 places ... 1) I’m a Dallas fan. Must. Hate. Giants.
    2) The massive overhype for the guy. He was an average NFL QB that landed on a good team with a solid defense and some outstanding receivers. He didn’t make them better, they made him look better, as I point out in an earlier post, as just one example. Again, he’s Trent Dilfer. HE didn’t win those Super Bowls. He was good enough to not cost them. But to make any claim of greatness from him ... bitch, please. :D

speedluvn likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Bunch of hating motherfuckers don't even understand the word "Fame." :D It's not the Hall of Excellence.
    The man won two Super Bowl MVPs while steering the team that stopped Tom Brady's Patriots twice, one of those occasions with an 18-0 record. Like it or not, he shaped NFL history. And yes, Malcolm Butler can get a spot too. :D

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I thought you were talking about Marcia Brady!

dtalbott likes this.
  8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

What about Plunkett?

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Although Jim won 2 Superbowls and MVP'ed in one, the rest of his stats are.....ok?

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Excluding Eli's 2 SB wins, all his other playoff appearances have been one and out. I think he'll make the HOF, but not a shoe in.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't think he's a unanimous entry. I don't even think he should go in the first year. But he has to be in.

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea you're probably right. Do you think he would be in as easy if he wasn't the brother of the GOAT?

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Actually, I'm not sure that things Peyton's brother doesn't hurt him. Because he always gets compared to him. It wasn't so bad when he had more Super Bowl than Peyton but unfortunately for him, there was that final year in Denver. So now you compare the other stuff and boy, that doesn't look good for Eli.

So I'm not sure if it helps more than it hurts.

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

He's Brady's brother? :crackup:

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Don't you just love slow pitch softball!

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The scene in millions of households upon reading that...

Gotta admit, that has the makings of an epic story.

[​IMG]

Razr likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Whaddaya all think of that Pro Bowl performance?

18. speedluvn

I stopped watching the Pro Bowl a while ago because its just an exhibition game. A pre season game is better. With a preseason game you have players trying to make the team. Don't get me wrong the NFL is a business and I can understand the players' mentality. The season is over, why should I over exert myself chance getting injured?

My question is, how did they fill the stadium? When I tuned in to watch the stadium appeared full or close to it.

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

They moved it to Orlando from Hawaii. It is new there, so the locals came out to see the superstars, even if not at 100%.
    If I were them I would keep moving the game around to warm climate and enclosed stadiums around the country. New place each year.

20. speedluvn

Its probably cheaper in the other states rather then Hawaii too.