1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Aug 9, 2019.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Well that was fun... Let's hope the next game is just as entertaining!

C'mon Russel and Aaron, put on a show!

Yzasserina likes this.
  2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I really don't care who wins this one, not a fan of either team. I don't care for Rodgers as a person and I blame Seattle for handing the Pats another SB win with that stupid play on the one yard line when you've got Marshawn in the backfield.
    So I'm rooting for the 49ers on the NFC side, my massage girl's team.

3. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Damn , Houston leading 24-0 and then out scored 51-7 from that point. Impressive. KC looks legit , as does San Fran and the Titans too.

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

No matter who your team is, you have to admit this is a pretty fun post season.

Sabre699 likes this.
  5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

This is a normal game, there's some defense, lol.

thrak410 likes this.
  6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Yeah by normal you mean 'boring' compared to the previous games lol

Oh! Just got better :D

7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Beautiful pass.

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Good game! Separately, I read where KC scored so many times they ran out of fireworks at Arrowhead Stadium, lol!

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Baltimore can send them some for next game.

joec likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That KC game was wild. Get up to get a beer or throw a wiz and they scored again while you were gone.

11. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I think Houston's coach lost the game when he showed he didnt trust his team. They were up 21-0, 4th and 1 on their opponents 25 yard line or so. Watson was begging to go for it. Converting that and getting a touchdown would have broken the Chiefs and made it 28-0. If you dont get it, the chiefs are pinned deep in their territory, against a defense that was playing great, and your team knows you are calling plays to win, instead being scared and calling plays to "not lose".

After that one decision, the whole game was downhill.

12. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

KC scored 51, not sure the extra 4 points would have helped much.

Sabre699 likes this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Unless you're the Chiefs.

14. lopitt85

Knowing the outcome it may seem that way, but in the moment it changes the gameplan on the field.

If you have a few players look at the score and get dejected, maybe some bickering between teammates, people pressing to do too much because they're down 28-0. It makes a real difference on the field, in the moment.

15. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. That decision to kick the FG and the absolutely moronic decision to run a fake punt on your own 30 on 4th and 4 was a seismic shift in momentum.
    They had their foot on KC's throat and got soft. Mahomes made them pay for it.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The reaction is the issue not the smoking :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep! Been watching all of them and enjoying it.

18. lopitt85

Somehow I'd forgotten about that boneheaded fake punt. Easily one of the stupidest calls I've ever seen from a head coach.

I did enjoy the game though, and I didnt have a dog in the fight. My team is watching the playoffs again this year.

19. Spang308

Yup. Up 24-7 and elects to run a fake punt on his own 30. The momentum shift turned into an avalanche right then. Chiefs turned that into a TD and on the ensuing kickoff, the returner who should have taken a knee runs the kick out and fumbles. Another TD for the Chiefs shortly after. The unraveling started with not going on 4th and a foot...with Deshaun Watson as your QB.
    Just dumb.

20. Spang308

The Houston defense isn't without guilt giving up 51 points in 3 quarters, but we already knew they sucked. Up 24 all they had to do was slow them down a little. Instead they shot themselves in the foot constantly.
    I'd can O'Brien, but I damn sure would can Romeo Crennel first.

StaccatoFan likes this.