1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL 2014

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Sep 7, 2014.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Offense is too conservative at times, IMO. But it's by design, given that Caldwell has wanted to win the turnover battle throughout the season (limit INT's) - which has worked, given their record. Still, it's tough to figure out how they go from such a potent offense with Linehan, to where they are now. Especially seeing how Dallas' offense has improved this year, since Linehan has taken over as OC. Like you said, I wish they would play in the 2-minute/no huddle offense more throughout the game. That has been their strength.

I'm not sure it's Stafford that can't handle a pass rush. The O-line has been beat up and borderline non-existent. Rogers looked like he had all day to throw last week (with Detroit's line neutralized), where the pocket was collapsing on Stafford almost immediately. If anything, Dallas is showing (again) what a good O-line can do when you have offensive weapons. It reminds me of the Aikman/Smith/Irvin days - they had a great o-line. Win or lose on Sunday, I hope Detroit can strengthen the o-line in the off-season. Everywhere else, they have talent.

I think it's Dallas' game to lose, but Stafford is from Texas and plays well there, along with anywhere indoors, so who knows. I think Detroit has a shot at the upset.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

These are the playoffs and Tony Romo will be up to his usual tricks of giving the game away, so it's really the Lions game to lose, even better yet in Jerry's House of Horrors

3. Steelers are getting hot at the right time. The defense is finally resembling a real Steelers D.

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

We're talking about two teams who have a tendency to disappoint. Let's agree it's both teams' game to lose then. :D

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

As a long time Steelers fan (ever since Franco, who I shared a dorm with in '70) went to play for them, I wonder about how old they are getting. The young secondary did well last Sunday but Baltimore will surely be a bigger test than the the Bungles.

6. The front seven have been helping them out, by putting a lot of pressure on the QBs lately. I expect much of the same against Flacco.

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Phuck the Steelers and the Patriots

8. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

RAVENS!

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Every time Dallas wins a game I'm surprised. It seems that Romo is such a "fall flat on his face" player when they get into the short rows I often wonder if his wife is ever "satisfied." He quits playing within 15 yards of the goal.
    It's gonna be an interesting game. :up:

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Ben pretty hot right now too, when he has time to throw, they're hard to stop.

11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahaha at pack over hawks

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Now the Bills need a coach. Alot of fans wanted him gone anyway.

13. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

ravens on thier way to shit in tom bradys fort

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That would be fine with me:up:

15. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Not lately.. He and Dez have the fade routes perfected as of late.. Anything from the 10 yrd line is fair game on a jump ball, and the two best in the league at those are playing. Calvin Johnson will have a big game I'm sure, he destroyed us last outing. 14 grabs for 329 yrds.. And our defensive backs have gotten worse lol

16. joec

joec brace yourself

another ravens superbowl wildcard championship..I think the band wagon just showed up. ray who?

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I hope so. Last nite they looked like they might be able to. :up:

18. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Forward down the filed ....... Yada yada

Gooooooooo Liiiiiiiiiiiooooooons

19. ductune

ductune Well-Known Member

Hope they win but remember, Stafford has never won a road game against a team that finished the regular season with a winning record.
    He's 0 for 17.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Did the Pontiac Pussycats just choke? :down: