1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new racer (hopefully)

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by OG Z, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're good to go for the new riders school through Fastrack and Matthias will be your instructor.

2. proarmwrestler

proarmwrestler Well-Known Member

That's what I'm talking about!

It is not what you know.....
    It's WHO you know!!!!!

3. proarmwrestler

proarmwrestler Well-Known Member

I hope you take the time to post an update on your days!

A) Did you take the riders school because you wanted to or had to?
    ANSWER....YES I DID
    B) Did you take the trackday because you wanted to or had to?
    ANSWER....YES I DID
    C) How many races did you compete in?

D) How did you finish? Times?

E) What did you learn?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm very curious.

P.S. I'm willing to bet you never unload the bike!
    GUESS I LOST THAT BET (NOT THE FIRST TIME THOUGH)
    IMO.....No offense intended.
    But if you do race, good luck!
    SINCE YOU'RE RACING....GOOD LUCK

4. OG Z

OG Z Active Member

Yeah buddy! Even if they dont let me race I know I will have fun at the school. Thanks a ton Mongo.

Pro, A and B aren't exactly yes or no questions, but I get the point;) Thanks man.

5. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

I expect a full report man, I know its not for a while but have a great time..I already have a good idea of your mentality so be weary, street riding is going to die and your going to be hooked! :up:

6. OG Z

OG Z Active Member

Oooooooooooh Jimmy! Im so excited. Hopefully I can keep it on the track and then next time maybe keep up!

So... How badly should I expect to get beaten?

Im about to ask the Archives dudes for some pointers as well

7. SpaCovers

SpaCovers Active Member

I don't think I have seen your registration go through for the Racer School and track day. Send me a private message if you want me to call you to register you. Thanks, Dave

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thanks for all the help Dave, much better to sort it all out ahead of time.

9. SpaCovers

SpaCovers Active Member

Anything for Mongo. I know who controls the grids.
    OG, yes, you can still sign up for the track day and racer school and not race on Sunday. 2 other student are doing the same thing already.

10. OG Z

OG Z Active Member

Ok, can I bring cash tomorrow or pay now?

Also, will there be a tire vendor on site? The 160/60 I ordered is too wide

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yes there are tire vendors at the track. I beleive you will have Bridgestone, Pirelli, Michelin and Dunlop.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not this weekend, it's all Tammy and Evelyne and Denise so be nice. I don't want to have to fly to Kali next week and track people down!

13. OG Z

OG Z Active Member

Ohhh thank the lord. You think I can get serviced before the race school? What time do the gates open anyway?

14. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

hey Joe, its Robert. good to see that you are getting some help here before heading out to the track. if u need to borrow anything, swing by my place this afternoon. u may want to snag my EZ-up if u dont already have one. if i dont see u later today, good luck this weekend.

15. Boman Forklift

I've been there as early as 6 am and it was open. I know tech for the trackday opens at 7 am. Not sure when the tire vendors open up

16. OG Z

OG Z Active Member

Yo thanks Robert!

bad news tho. I got hit with a letter in the mail today that says i owe $400 in taxes for 2008. theres no way i can race now.

however i am still showing up at the racers school and doing my best to get that license and learn everything i can.

i feel like a dick for having Mongo and SpaCovers go out of
    their way to help me and now i cant even race. im really sorry guys and thank you for your help. i WILL race with you guys next season and hopefully i can still make it to the track on october 2 and 3 to mess around.

if i get my license tomorrow is it still good for next season?

17. Boman Forklift

If you make it up tomorrow, feel free to stop by our pits after your classes and ask questions. My son races and his number is 148. Red/White/Blue 125 and a flat black SV650.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Do the school. If everything goes well you can buy a license for $110 which is good for 12 months.

19. OG Z

OG Z Active Member

Mr. Linders- I will, looking forward to meeting you. I will be in white/flourescent orange leathers.

Mr. Mongo- I also will. Do i buy that license to get my number?

Thanks again for your help guys and Im sorry I cant race until next time.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, you'll get a number assigned once the boss gets back to the office from Cali.