1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New race bike for 2009 CB350

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by OHIOCAFERACER, Jan 6, 2009.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

steering damper is on the wrong side. should be on the left, so you can adjust it without pulling your hand off the throttle. just a little something i learned. since mine is on that side, i adjust it all of the time on the fly. its really nice to be able to do.

2. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about just removing mine. It instills a false sense of security. ;)

3. joec

joec brace yourself

i ran for years without one before i started racing with wera. they are pretty useless for the stock cb350's i think. but if it has to be on there, might as well use it.

4. OHIOCAFERACER

OHIOCAFERACER Pavement Gods Translator!

Those intakes were custom made and blueprinted for that head.

Yep.....ebay find!!;)

Its one of those new high tech gp dampers.....opposite of normal!!:D
    Hell.....I dont go fast enough to get head shake to really even need one...LOL!!
    Actually......there was already a spot on the SL350 lower clamp to thread it into(think thats where the stock one mounts).....so mounted it on that side.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  5. joec

joec brace yourself

yeah, thats what most people do. when i had a non adjustable one, i did that too. when i built the new bike, i moved it over to the left after hearing stories of guys at daytona wishing they could make adjustments on the fly without rolling off. of course, a stock cb isnt really going to do those weird things.

its probably good to have one on a built bike though. especially if youre pushing 45hp or more. id imagine those can get the front end pretty lite, pretty quick. kickass project though. i dig the rear loop. did that on mine and its so nice to have it there for pushing the bike, or just general moving it around the shop. and i dont have to yell at my pit bitches not to push on the seat anymore!

6. OHIOCAFERACER

Yeah.....can totally relate......everyone goes for the seat to push...nnnnNNNOO!!

....funny thing is....I made that rear loop using an old cb center stand I had been tripping over in the garage. Looked down one day....and said....dam...thats almost the same radius as the rear of the seat. Cut all the tabs off the stand and the thing fit perfect. Funny how shit like that happens!!:D

7. joec

joec brace yourself

now thats cool. i went through all the trouble to fab one up out of square tube. but my center stand had been missing for years......i like adding oem parts to oem parts. just something right about it. plus, i had to make it to match my seat. you had the luxury of being able to make the seat match the frame.

8. OHIOCAFERACER

Bike is tore down and taking parts off to the painter today(frame, swingarm...etc).

Hopefully get this thing back in time to put it all together for Barber.....FINGERS CROSSED!!:D

9. OHIOCAFERACER

Parts in the paint booth!!
    [​IMG]

....more soon!!:D

10. OHIOCAFERACER

Okay.......finally got parts back from the body shop and was able to spend a few hours last night putting the bike back together.....snapped a couple cell phone pics. Still have to do some safety wiring....fit a new chain....and some other odds and ends.....but its almost finished and ready to head down to Barber for some racing next week. Hopefully see some of you down there.

I'll try and get some better pics later....but for now:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Nice Greg--I put my steering damper on the right side like you because an early SL350 bracket was available that bolts right on to the coil mounts. adjusting it on the fly never even occurred to me--I just picked a setting [usually hard] after practice and forgot it--I think the only time one would ever be needed would be hitting a pothole at the apex...

12. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

Beautiful bike, great job.
    If Imake it to Barber, I'll look for you.

13. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

That's a piece to be proud of....Nice work...

14. yamahogg500

yamahogg500 Well-Known Member

the bike looks great. I will be at Barber it will be nice to see this build in
    person.

15. OHIOCAFERACER

Hey guys......thanks!!!

Definately stop by and say Hi.....at Barber. This will be the first time out for this bike.....and a time to break in the motor(and hope it doesnt break..LOL!)As for the bike...overall it came out pretty good. Not to happy with the paint, as the painter kind of messed a few things up.......but i'll have to address that after Barber. Paint looks good from afar.....but far from good......and will have to do for now.:D

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  16. OHIOCAFERACER

Couple new pics from outside today.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

beautiful.... i don't know if i could run that on a track after that amount of work. Great job on the whole thing... especially that sick belly pan!

18. Rocan

Rocan Well-Known Member

wow!

absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

are you guys selling any more of those tanks?

PM me!

19. joec

joec brace yourself

very nice work. love the half painted half polished tank.

not that it will ever apply, but the dampener thing was put to me the following way. it just made boat loads of sense. someone said to me, "have a ducati 750 tank slap while transitioning onto the banking at daytona, while racing for position, look down, and see the dampener, and realize the only way to adjust it is to let go of the the throttle". if you have a choice, seems like the right one to make. i set them all up that way now.

like cowbell, i think you might find you need more brake!

have a blast at barber. let us know how it goes. and good luck.

and your numbers arent wera legal. hint hint.

20. OHIOCAFERACER

Thanks guys.....hopefully see a few of you this week at the track.