1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New GSX-R1000 in 2016...

Discussion in 'General' started by IL8APEX, Nov 21, 2014.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

The boat gets caught in a huricane and the huricane's engine blows up and it dissipates.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Sure, blame it on Honda...

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

7 friggin years of the same damn bike (minus BNG). Jeez, only the R6 and Hayabusa can claim such a title.

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

The bike was supposed to be all new in 2014. Bautista test rides each bike before it leaves the factory. Thus far no bike has made it through a full lap pre delivery test. Many blew up half way through the lap the rest were crashed on the last corner by Big Air Bautista.

American Suzuki expects late 2017 until enough bikes survive the test ride to fill a container bound for US Dealers....

5. backcountryme

I heard that 80% of Suzuki engines blow up on the dyno befor they ever get installed in a bike.

6. backcountryme

The other 20% have never been built.

7. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Actually I heard the Suzuki will be coming with five engine spares and a one weekend warranty.

8. They come pre crashed from the factory and a plane ticket for your girl to go live in Miami.

9. How funny would it be if they come out with an all-new Gixxer, then put the same "Bold Old Graphics" on it for irony. :crackup:

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I heard the engineer working on the new motor blew up at his desk while designing it. Kinda like those drummers from Spinal Tap.

11. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

12. BC

BC Well-Known Member

The engineer is a famous Japanese rapper named Sir Gixalot. He needed a new beat, so he designed the motor to knock.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I hope you all get crotch rot.

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I heard the paper he was sketching the design on burst into flames and his pen started leaking.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Wait did I miss something? Has the GSXR-1000 become some sort of reliability relic over the last couple years? I remember the whole crank oiling issue and a several 09-11 motors popping but I believe they fixed that in 2012. I know my 2005 has been dead on reliable since the day I got it.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

No. We are poking fun at Toe over the gp bike.

Now you've ruined it.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ahhhh......well in that case, I still have visions of that poor thing rolling off into the gravel trap at Valencia :(

[​IMG]

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, the goobers are basing all the comments on the new GP bike that blew up. The street bikes have been great.

19. backcountryme

I heard the stock in Jergens lotion blew up when Steeltoe heard a new GSXR 1000 is coming out.

20. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Negative, no issues with my raced 2011. Spoke with Mark Junge about it earlier today briefly. Its a no issue for 99% of the 09-11 models. They are reliable.

I'm fixing to go race mine in about 10 minutes #nola:D