1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New GSX-R1000 in 2016...

Discussion in 'General' started by IL8APEX, Nov 21, 2014.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I dunno? Can paint change the number of spokes a wheel has?

2. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

I'm sure Yamaha derailed many manufacturer's plans!! LOL

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:

4. Just wow. 11 years of not doing shit. At this point it is just embarrassing for Suzuki.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm glad I got in at the ground floor :crackup:

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yup. Disappointing on so many levels: no new 1k next year, no new middleweight for another two or three years, no competition for graves again next year, no real wsbk presence again next year, and so on. :(

7. Dude your heavily modded '05 1k is still ahead of the times as far as Gixxers go. :D

8. I know ive talked about it before, but a big Euro magazine (I can't remember if it was FAST BIKES or PB, but Ive got the magazine at home) tested a 2013 Gix 1k and a 2005 Gix 1k, both in stock form. They weighed them, tested them on the dyno, did top speed runs and had several riders test them around the track.

The weight was almost identical. The 2005 only made 3 less HP than the 2013. And they said that was due to the high mileage '05 motor being "looser than a cock in a shirt sleeve" (their exact words :crackup:). Had they been able to find an '05 in stock form with much less miles on it, the results likely would have been different.

On the drag strip, there was less than 0.1 between them. In the top speed runs, the 2005 went faster. Around the race track, all of the test riders were within about 0.2sec on either bike.

Their conclusion was "If you have a 2005 GSX-R and it is in good condition, keep it. A newer GSX-R does not provide any performance increase. This fact shows how great the 2005 model bikes were, and how little Suzuki has done since".

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Seen all that.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

What until you know that the gas charged forks are really 2 screw in flashlights so you and your buddy can see your bold new graphics in the dark.

Auron and Shenanigans like this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not all too surprising. Suzuki really took the economic down turn hard. Couple this with them stepping into Moto GP which is a huge cash money suck. Better for them to wait a year and try to incorporate some of their new found Moto GP derived technology into their next 1K bike. Kawi did this with their zx10 when they shuttered their own Moto GP team and it worked out well.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

How bout those wheels?

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Those spokes look tiny. Wouldn't want to wad one up at over 100 mph.

17. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

18. HMEN

HMEN Well-Known Member

And I thought Honda was the old bike!

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That is without a doubt the ugliest looking GSXR I've ever seen. I'm not happy. I hope its performance capabilities can override that pitiful exterior. I've literally seen ratty SV's with some other bike's bodywork grafted onto them that looked more aesthetic than that.

20. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

What bikes were Xavier, Mazz, Billy, and Frankie on at the GNF?