1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson's Ledges Road Course just got a full repave

Discussion in 'General' started by ApeMummy, Jun 12, 2017.

1. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

I got a real soft spot for Nelson Ledges. It was a close and cheap way for me to get into road racing. I didn't even need to go to other tracks to know how bad it was. Me and a few guys became those trackday junkies that managed to haul ass around there even in the poorest conditions. I've crashed there probably 20 times and I can attest that the tire was is really close in some places and what run off is there is wavy. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that the new owner continues to invest until it's at an acceptable level. Not even just the track and it's safety but also the facility itself. I myself will probably go out for a few trackdays just to shake down the bike and see old friends. Hopefully one day I get to race there again.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Third or fourth track I ever went to and I've worked every turn there as well as a bunch of 24's, I still love the craphole too :D But I like my family staying unhurt as much as possible, we didn't stop racing there because of the track surface.

3. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

By the time I got there, about 2011, it was like racing in an apocalyptic movie lol. Turn 3 had about 10 inches of tarmac that you could carry speed through, get out of that 10in and you feel like your riding a bull. If you don't mind what was the final straw so to say? Or was it just a culmination of things.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Culmination of things. Bikes just kept getting faster and we finally had to pull the plug.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just realized something - got Grattan sorted and it's been on the schedule for a month :crackup:

6. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Am I missing something. I now see dates and DH for the 1st 2 but the 3rd says TBA for the date

7. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Sealer is gone at Pitt. Repaved (basically due to the sealer issue) the South track, and redid North section too. Owners are awesome and the track is a dream....

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, I'm an idiot. Thought I had a date for it but evidently not.

I'll get it sorted or nuked next week when I'm back in the office. Last open date they had was against VIR which might work since VIR is endurance and one day of sprints but need to talk to the boss about it.