1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson Ledges

Discussion in 'General' started by stymie12000, Nov 28, 2014.

1. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Hah! The schedule isnt complete Joe, maybe you will still get another chance to race Nelson.

2. joec

joec brace yourself

I'm sure you've heard. I'm trying to find something "modern" that I can afford, and that I'm not afraid will try and kill me, abs I can run in a, few orgs.. last quarter and first of next year have a ton of potential with work. fingers crossed.

I'm still hanging in the vintage pits tho.

Nelson wasn't perfect. Like summit..Thats why it was fun.

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Did they ever update the shitters? I haven't heard one person comment about them.

4. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

That place is a shit hole, literally.

I can understand and appreciate the sentiment. It has a great history and the layout is amazing.

With that being said, it's a death trap waiting to happen. If it gets a repave, it will be downright insane with the lack of runoff. I don't see a repave in the cards. I wonder what would cost more, the actual replace of the removal of trees for adequate run off? Patching it up isn't going to cut it.

I think it speaks volumes that WERA stopping having a national there years ago. Enough people spoke up and WERA listened. MotoSeries can have at it.

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Nelson has a great, fast layout and has been one of my favorites over the years. Hopefully they can find a way to make improvements in the future, where it's safe and fun to go back and race.

6. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I like Nelson as much as anyone else, but nostalgia doesn't cover WERA's expenses.

The track conditions matter for safety purposes, and I think Sean and Evelyn have consistently demonstrated a willingness to put safety first, but WERA isn't a charity. Assuming the track is deemed safe, grid sizes are going to dictate whether or not it's on the schedule.

If it is added, I think it will primarily to add rounds to a regional schedule.

7. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

:stupid:

I did love that layout. First track to show me how to be creative with line selection and different aspects of racing/riding.

Dangerous and destructive racetrack to both man and machine. Hope they can fix it up so those issues are corrected. Nice post Stymie.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Worst thing that could happen is a repave before the tires and trees get moved.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Nelson is a done deal, didn't even ask for dates there. No point if the racers don't want to go there.

10. :stupid:

Great layout, but terrible surface and runoff.

11. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I almost went there...

Fast laps at Nelson are (or were) in the 1:08 range, I believe. A repave would likely drop experts into the 1:05's.

Even with the tires removed and better "groomed" run-off areas, there are major drainage issues to address. I think they would have to modify the layout to really make the track safe.

12. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

That place makes No Problem Raceway look safe and good!

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lets not go too far.... :D

14. tracaddict

tracaddict Well-Known Member

I'm going to miss Nelson! The end has to be near for that race track, I know a few car guys that basically say the same stuff about it.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  15. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

:up:

My first race weekend was there - and I still hate it!

16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ok ok it's safer than NPR but whoa! is that thing in some bad condition!

17. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

haven't we been saying this for about 5 years now?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

More like 30 :D

19. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

Good riddance. Did anyone that was running the full (or most) season show up this year?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  20. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

With so few tracks in the area, it is sad to hear the comments about being happy a track is is going down hill.

The places that are putting money in the track will raise the rent till we cannot afford go there and the tracks that aren't motogp quality will continue to die off cause of the attitude that you all should be on a top of new pavement and have world class shitters..