1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASCAR and confederate flags

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Quicktoy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hmm,,honestly haven’t paid attention to how many of those flags are being displayed in the infields or at the races in general. The last nascar races i went to was way back in 1997-2000 time frame when Deere had Chad Little. I don’t recall there being a huge amount of the flags being even at the races. I’m sure there were a few. I doubt it will have any lasting impact.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

I always thought it was the flag of the losers. Why anyone would want to display one is beyond me. There is only one flag that represents the USA.:flag:

noles19, pscook and TurboBlew like this.
  3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

And that one lost Vietnam.....just sayin

4. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

The only people any of that matters to is the "butthurt crowd" anyway.

Supposed to be a free country, with free speech.

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Edit, I need to actually drink the coffee before I read stuff...

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

:rolleyes: So germane to the conversation at hand.

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

That flag fell in unconditional surrender 155 years ago. We ALL need to move on.

Jedb, pscook, baconologist and 2 others like this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dungeon is back!

F#ck the rebel flag and f#ck it's loyalists. They can lick my ass. "Oooh but it's history!" So is the Nazi flag now don't be a dick and just put your little flag away. Buncha crybabies. You lost!

9. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

NASCAR is just following the words of Robert E. Lee. Of course, that's the history the rag worshipers always avoid.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Darrin, why in the holy heck do you have that as your signature? :crackup:

11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I'm bout to go to a NASCAR race just to watch some rednecks get kicked out or fight security over their flag. Should be more entertaining than their races!

Jedb, Killswitch and speedluvn like this.
  12. ChrisS819

ChrisS819 Member

Fuck NASCAR. They have been hurting themselves for years. Next the only way you’ll be able to participate if you’re black.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Point missed. Its not about the flag. Its about being told what you can and cannot do. People can fly Russian or China’s flag with no issues. But, the flag in question you can’t, well now, you just made some people want to do it more. Funny thing, those flags were dying on their own, but not now. Thanks to stupid NASCAR, and idiots like them.

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

418, VFR#52, t500racer and 2 others like this.
  15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I know, Was just razzin ya. :D As for this thread.......I’m out

G 97 likes this.
  16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

It is a private event and the rules are set up by those hosting the event, just the way it should be. If you don't like the rules, don't go to the event. I am thinking it will be small loss initially as a few rednecks will stay home. With the change they might get a few new fans that wouldn't have tried it otherwise for the long run. NASCAR has to adapt or die. It may die anyway, but this might hold that off a bit longer.

What is funny to me is the media plastering the flag all over their news stories of the event. Anything for clicks.:rolleyes:

The 11th place finish was a good showing for that small team and young driver. Brilliant call to get 2 tires at the end of stage 1 to get track position.

orangesuzuki and noles19 like this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Not me! I'm in. Love watching a buncha idgits (who don't even watch Nascar in the first place) get all bent out shape over "muh heritage". LMFAO!

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

The only one...

[​IMG]

Circacee, noles19, cpettit and 2 others like this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Really funny thing is I'm probably the only one in this thread who actually wore a big ole rebel flag on my chest back when I worked for Skynyrd. And took care of the 20ft flag backdrop. I earned the right to talk smack. Bring it on!

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't look at it as a heritage thing necessarily, in fact all throughout my formative years growing up I never liked the Confederate flag, so I certainly have no predilections towards it. Beyond that, as someone else mentioned, NASCAR is a private company and it is their prerogative what they want to allow or disallow at their events. If it goes to a wider sense where it becomes illegal to fly that flag anywhere then I think I might take issue with that. Just like those flag burners of the stars and stripes and people who shit talk the armed forced. Its scummy and reprehensible but the very values they both stand for protect your rights to do just that.

The only thing I don't want to have happen in this country and it seems to be creeping towards it, is what Mao did to his country when he was in power and wiped clean their historic and cultural identity.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Revolution

VFR#52 and noles19 like this.