1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASCAR and confederate flags

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Quicktoy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

One of my favorite parts of one of my all time favorite movies.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

E994303D-0596-4FF8-8532-43B24F03C5D6.jpeg

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Probably unpopular opinion, but why is is the new NASCAR ban outraging anyone?

You have a choice where and how to spend your money.

If you like racing that much, then why does it matter? Has anyone gone to a race and cared whos flying what flags? I have never ever even cared except the american flag. If they stop flying or ban that one, let me know. Ill be first to say fuck em.

That also being said, if they want to piss off their core fan base (speculations) then let them..

You cant be mad about certain things, then not mad about other things. If you are a business owner, you can refuse sercvice to anyone wearing gang colors. You can deny someone access for a shirt with ISIS logo.

I chose a while ago to quit following Nascar for other reasons. There is MUCH better racing at the local level anyways.

In short, will you actually notice if there aren't and rebel/confederate flags flying?

Pixelator likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yup.

Cuz the easily distracted and reactionary crowd will crow about it while the outrage of the day club moves on to fabricate the next non-crisis and lead the easily distracts and reactionary crowd by the nose.

Rinse and repeat.

Pixelator and StaccatoFan like this.
  5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

upload_2020-6-11_13-35-14.jpeg

6. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

all noise and fury signifying NOTHING!

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

G 97 likes this.
  8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Would you have noticed if this wasnt mainstream?

9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Someone go check the door to the dungeon. It has apparently been ruptured by the immense pressure created when all of that bellicose conservative energy was restrained in a small area, bereft of natural outlet. If not stopped, we'll all soon be overtaken by the putrid miasma of a dying ideology.

tl1098, pscook, joec and 1 other person like this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

These are the same folks who trash Nascar in every other thread now they're outraged. GTFO with this entire thread lolol. How many of em watched Martinsville last night or even knew there was a race? :crackup:

:stupid:

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Dude, I notice everything.

And I chuckle watching the woke try and out-woke each other, and the windmill tilting it causes.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Get to the back of the bus, Casper :Poke:

13. nigel smith

For me, NASCAR has all the appeal of a WWE celebrity death match. I haven't watched a stock car race since I was a teenager. From a business standpoint, I fear that they have allowed political correctness to alienate a significant portion of their fan base. They may as well have banned attendance by persons not possessing ninety percent of their natural teeth. The affect on ticket sales will be identical.

tl1098 likes this.
  14. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I’ll bite (don’t ban me bro)! I saw it this morning on the Today show. One , I didn’t know nascar had another black driver, that appears to be in a competitive car. He’s driving the 43 car. Wasn’t that a Petty car? Two, who da fug knew nascar televised/raced on Wednesday night? And the 43 car was painted black? The rebel flag is more than a symbol of the confederacy. Just like the swastika is a symbol of the German army :rolleyes:. They both have a deeper meaning to various cultures.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Oh no you diiint!

16. nigel smith

Are you wearing a kente cloth scarf as you attempt to contain your mirth?

17. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

You sound like a ringleader in this fiasco. :Poke:

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’m wearing a cellophane codpiece and bunny ears. Wanna pic? ;)

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Anyone who would follow me deserves the fate that awaits :moon:

20. nigel smith

Whose culture did you appropriate that attire from, poser? And sure. Go ahead and post a picture here.