1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASCAR and confederate flags

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Quicktoy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

That show and movie have been on the undesirable list exactly because of that ,for years. Even my original dukes of hazard lunchbox is somewhat controversial now.

Though 69boyz didn't seem to mind it.

Ok.... I'm back to spectating. This is treading a little too close for me.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I used to watch the show quite alot as a kid, I didn't really pay much attention to the car's roof......more recently the only thing I have to say about it is I liked Jessica Simpson as the updated Daisy Duke.....sad that that was the last time she was hot before she turned into a potato.

[​IMG]

Quicktoy, henry_carlson and Senna like this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Love me some spuds. :D

StaccatoFan likes this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This ain't nearly as interesting as Seattle. Someone start that thread. I'm not. :D

Killswitch, Chris and cav115 like this.
  5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Technically it only applies to federal laws or actions limiting freedom of speech. Non government entities can limit anything they want but culturally that's seen as a violation of the spirit of the 1st amendment.

cav115 likes this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I lost interest in the area once grunge music fell out of favor.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What’s happening in Seattle? Did they finally arrest Courtney Love for killing Cobain?

henry_carlson likes this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

But I am curious if an “autonomous zone” doesn’t equate to secession...which would be traitorous according to the historical revisionists.

9. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Okay, let me state that differently....fuck them. :D

10. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i love that he's framing it in the vein of "butthurt crowd", when its a bunch of losers and traitors that can't let go of their bullshit loss from 150 years ago, crying about fake justifications for its existence. its also funny to me that this flag waving and the stupid fucking statues didn't come about until the Civil Rights movement in the 50's and 60's (and not immediately after the war) as a slap in the face to black people just in case they forgot where they were. just start flying flags with General Sherman and pictures of Atlanta on fire on them. i'm sure the dixie yokels will not cry one bit.

in the context of human history... if that war took place in almost any other continent at any other period in time, the South, its culture, and most likely its people would have just been wiped off the face of the earth or made to fully assimilate without question. the idea of noble surrender on the battlefield and keeping your identity is a very middle ages/imperial western European ideal. Americans involved in such are very lucky that they took on those cultural behavioral traits from their roots with the British and French and the like. i imagine if the South was a rebellion against Genghis Khan, or Attila the Hun, the end result would have gone quite differently. its always been strange to me the psychology behind defeat and what should be shame or gratefulness, actually becoming pride and boastfulness that is so self-assured.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  11. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Within the next few races, wait an see, bubba Wallace will win..... And it won't be by accident. It'll happen via the tower. Thought it was last night. Bubba is such a non driving prick...

418 and auminer like this.
  12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Leave the Germans out of it. What have they done to you? They apologized for bombing Pearl harbor.

E Reed likes this.
  13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Wait...like real Skynard or one of those 2 dues who were Ronnies cousin's, friends, roomates traveling as Skynard?

14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

"Losers and traitors", wow.

You go, asshole. Hope your personal butthurt gets resolved.

The South is an important part of our country, and our way of life..being able to represent should`nt offend your delicate feelings.

Jesus , we are a nation of "my feelings"

If you hadn`t noticed, no one is being hurt by the confederate flag, or the statues. It`s our history.

Those "traitors" became part of our country.

VFR#52 and drop like this.
  15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The flag is in fact very traumatic to older black folks like my parents. Took me a long time to learn that. Guess I grew up.

cav115, noles19 and pscook like this.
  16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

so they didn't lose? they weren't rebelling against the actual nation in which they were formed? just trying to understand your definition of winning or losing a war, as well as what you think rebellion means.

i don't give it a fuck dude. i don't live in the south, and i don't watch NASCAR. personally, companies pandering to the social problem/focus/thing of the day always feels gross to me, and the capitalism of it is disgusting. but... i also think anyone that says "muh heritage" is a joke though, and you're lying to yourself, and full of shit, and are partially only doing it for some sense of control over your destiny that you feel is out of your control as the gubment does things you don't like, and your life and norms change, and "sticking it to the man." i get it, people dig themselves nice ruts all the time for a variety of reasons and are resistant to anything changing. i'm content to leave it at that.

scottn and badmoon692008 like this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yeah, but you're white, though... :p

StaccatoFan and joec like this.
  18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I live in the south. The only people I see waving the confederate flag are truck driving country kids who are screaming heritage not hate! And they are racist as shit. My son kicked one of their asses at his high school, allegedly. The flag has not place in the US. Plain and simple. It represents a rebellion that was defeated.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Nothing worth noting......just a few millennial twits ran out of food.

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 11.43.17 AM.png

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

tl1098 and pickled egg like this.
  20. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Is this a set-up by the mods? Having a full on dungeon-est discussion in general? It’s some tempting, juicy points that I wanna partake but it’s not healthy for my beeb life.
    Coronavirus, Nationwide protest and now Dungeon discussion in General :(:dead:

Pixelator likes this.