1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Son Max...

Discussion in 'General' started by Brian Van, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

rode the 50 solo for the first time this weekend!

I bought this for him on his second birthday after he saw one for the first time at about 18 months and went crazy. Since that Septemer we have been riding this thing two up.

Went out and bought the training wheel kit last spring and put it on the bike. Brought him out in the garage to show him and he told me he would not ride it like that because he couldn't go fast like when we rode two up. I took them off and we never used them.

Last season he was able to ride the bike if I sat on the back. He did everything well, throttle control etc... Couldn't get him to go alone.

This weekend we were up north for the holiday and we brought the bike. He asked if we could ride and I told him he was too big for both of us to ride. I suggest we work on him riding alone, he was in. Took about 5 minutes and he was off.

First two days of riding under his belt at five, not bad. He has a 25 year head start on the old man.

2. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

:up: Won't be long now! Tdub

3. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Got a 5 yr. old that's pretty close as well. Maybe I need to get him up to Traverse City and see if any of Max's mojo rubs off on him. :beer:

4. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

5. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Awesome, some action shots would be nice :).

6. RichMangus

RichMangus Booya

The Easter Bunny a training wheel kit for my son. He loves it so far, one day so far, HA HA!

I should be buying him a new helmet soon up at your shop. I also need a new Bell.

Rich

7. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

Thats Awesome! :up:

8. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

I have had Max in the Scorpion Youth Moto Helmets since day one. The best youth lid I have seen so far.

9. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

motoGP champ for 2024?

10. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Name the track Brian, I'll be there. It'll be close but I think I can take him :)

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:up:

Same experience here with the training wheels, never really used them.

12. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Congrats, proud day for sure.

My Ian turns 5 in May and gets a first pocket/mini bike then.

Wife and I were going out to a buddys last week to pick up her new/used R6, Ian asked us to get him a bike too while mommy got hers! He's got the bug.:up:

13. MellowYellow

MellowYellow Will work for race gear

That's awsome man!! :beer: My daughter already loves being in the garage when I'm working on the bikes and she is only 9 months. I can't wait to get her on a 50.

14. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Awesome. You should both smile in the cover ads though.:Poke:

15. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Good for you & congrats to your son. Neither of my kids was really into bikes, but this year a neighborhood kid with a 4 stroke kawi showed them how to ride, and now I'm looking for a used TR-125 or a honda XR-100 we can all share. It only took 17 years for the bug to bite.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  16. novice201

novice201 "I'm a robot chicken!"

Very cool.:up:

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Better start looking for a bigger bike. My brothers boys started on and rode the CRF's for about 6 months. It won't take long for the bike to become a hindrance because of its limited capabilities, and mostly its weight. His boys both got KTM Senior Adventurers, and what a world of difference. Don't be afraid to let him do a little hare scramble, he'll have a blast.

Oh, and tell him congrats on his first solo and that he looks totally rad in the STG ads! :up:

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Awesome Brian!!! You gotta be a proud Daddy!

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Great Stuff! Proud Dad!

Hope my kids love 2 wheels as much...

20. gibson

gibson Sportbike Track Gear

Knowing Max and Brian for quiet some time now(since Max was only months old) it only seems right. The kid eats and breaths 2 wheels. The next president of STG for sure.