1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Son Max...

Discussion in 'General' started by Brian Van, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

little Max is a pimp

2. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

congratulations, Brian! :up:

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Awesome! I'm working on getting my niece ready to go. It's soft skills we're working on now. (This may stretch the definition of motorcycle related. If the ban happens, so be it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwn_BP98KdU

4. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

[​IMG]

Here is a quick pic from the phone. Wish we would have had the camera, of course we forgot it.

Max has been motorcycle crazy since he was a toddler. Never really pushed it, just let him hang around because he wanted to. He loves coming to the shop to work and hang out with the team. He actually helped me get his bike ready for the season a few weeks back.

5. trancework

trancework It's always now...

That's too cool!!!

6. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA at Knotchers video!!!!
    Wicked cute kid, absolutely loved it

7. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Thanks! She is. She already knows her motorcycles. I have about 10 in the garage that range between an '83 CM450E and my '10 MV F4. When I asked her which one was her favorite, she looked at the MV for a bit, then my GSXR track bike and then my crusty XR650R and said "that one!". I asked her why and she said, "'Cause it's dirty!".

It's the same reason it's my favorite! :up:

8. sowega

sowega #710

I got my 8 year old nephew a KLX 110 for christmas. While I down at their house on Sunday, I was giving him some lessons when he grabbed a handful of throttle and 12 O clocked it for about 10 yards before falling dead on his ass.

One of the important rules of kids & bikes is, if you fall and you're not hurt, you have to get back on the bike and not give yourself a chance to be scared of it.

9. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Awesome! My boy, Jack, just turned 5 and has been riding with the training wheels since Christmas on a JR50. Always been good at modulating with the throttle, braking etc. We've been working on learning the bicycle this past weekend and he picked it up really quick. Two runs and he was off. Flash forward to yesterday.

He's been getting pretty brave and fast on the training wheels. Me, my wife, Jack, and my 19 month old went for a ride yesterday. We were coming into a trailhead that is an over 90 off camber and damn if Jack didn't overcook it and highside that JR...right into a tree. Scared the shit out of me because all I saw when I turned around was him launched for distance and height, bounce, slide into the tree and the 50 follow him in.

"Are you okay??!!"
    "I'm okay!"

I took the little one off the KLX and ran to get the bike off him. He stood up, cried for a minute or so as we looked him over. Bruised his shoulder pretty good.

He hopped back on and within a minute or two was asking me to race him across the pasture on the way back to the house. He went blazing across the pasture and into the treeline shortcut to the house, dodged the trees and kept it pinned, and was waiting on us with the water hose in his hands ready to "clean the machines".

time to get rid of the training wheels, me thinks.:D At some point they become more dangerous at speed.

10. chocadile

chocadile Well-Known Member

You sure you aren't Greg White coulda sworn that was him on the other end of the camera, minus the side by side comment. Awesome video that was just too funny.

11. KLM

KLM Registered User

Funny, I thought the same thing yesterday.

12. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Very Nice!

13. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

The idea I had for the ads was to go with the race face. Road Racing World, pictures taken at a Race Track and Race Face.

Seemed like a good idea to me...

14. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

:beer: good stuff