1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sister-in-law had a fight with a lawn mower (graphic)

Discussion in 'General' started by njracer, May 12, 2019.

1. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

I did something similar when I was 16. Sometimes people do stupid things, they're called accidents for a reason. Hope she heals up quick.

BigBird, Shenanigans and Ian178 like this.
  2. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

She looks older, any chance of some other concerns mentally? ( honestly, not dick-ish)

Reason i ask is because a lady that is tied to the family forgot a few appts. she made with us so we let the closer family members know and apparently she got diagnosed not long after with some Alzheimer's symptoms.

3. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Ouch! That is terrible!! :eek:

It could have been worse, but man...that should have never happened in the first place.

High fives will now have to be done with the other hand to officially count :D

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

A guy I worked with quite a few years ago was missing
    parts of fingers from two different snowblower accidents.

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

A snow learner....

stangmx13 likes this.
  6. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Nope, she's got most of her shit together. This and according to her was just a stupid mistake that was quite costly.

7. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Bet she gets mad respect when throwing up gang signs.

8. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I guess this is the "I'll kill ya" sign?! lol

Attached Files:

9. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Her shadow puppets should be something to see as well.

10. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

My grandfather, that kept a 5th of Calvert in the fridge door, raised the running lawn mower with his hand to unclog it and did something similar. He was really upset that it happened to his "good hand." He had cut his thumb off with a circular saw on the other hand a few years prior.

11. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Dad lost the tip of one of his by doing something of the same when he was a teenager. Blade hadn't stopped spinning
    when he went to push the mower he was working on that didn't have a handle on it at the time.

12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I did this and lost three. It was a manual spool mower though. One got sewn back on, one is short but barely noticeable, and the third looks like a dick.

In my defense I was 2 years old at the time.

13. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

It's amazing how a momentary lapse in judgment can result in such a permanent and unfortunate outcome. I well know how it feels to have wet grass clogged in the output of a mower and just want to clear it out without having to deal with the inconvenience of stopping and restarting the mower engine. It really is a stupid thing to do but I've held the bar with one hand while reaching down to do the same damn thing.

But I will readily admit that it is truly amazing I survived my youth, let alone did so while retaining all my extremities.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

damn....heal up quickly and well thanks for the PSA. I know what not to do now, and good lesson for city folks moving to the 'burbs.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Damn! Dad made you mow the lawn that young?

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Family yard work day. Apparently I tried to contribute by attempting to remove a twig from the mower and fell forward into it. I told my kids that my older sister chased me around the yard with the mower. They're scared shitless of her.

Steeltoe, AC1108 and Phl218 like this.
  17. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

The safety handle could have been tied up with a bungee. I've seen that, and bypassing the seat switch on a riding mower, done more than once.

18. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

This is an example of why some people belong on motorcycles and some for sure do not.

Steeltoe likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

:confused:

There are examples in this thread from fellow racers saying they've done similar things, doesn't mean they shouldn't be on a motorsickle

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Motorcycles are not inherently dangerous, however they are unforgiving of inattention, negligence and anything but the utmost respect.

BigBird likes this.