1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My cousin that is over in Irag sent me this letter from one of his crew

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Beck Pratt, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Please show me where I've made any claim that I understand it. That would have been Team Chuckles, who then showed that he hadn't even read it in the first place. I merely said I had read it. All of it.

2. You don't get spit. You lied about having read the Patriot Act. You frantically searched for a news article to back up your assertion and found something that you thought would give you cover, then having read the news article yourself you frantically searched for the Patriot Act, scanned the referenced section, and now try to claim the high ground.

You're painfully transparent.

However - I'm on a really boring conference call right now and feeling magnanimous, so I'm going to allow you to indulge me just a little bit longer. Here's what you have to do:

This got started because you - YOU - compared the Patriot Act to McCarthyism. Those were your exact words. You were supposed to substantiate that, but you haven't. I don't think you're capable of doing so, but I'm going to give you a last chance. Here is the definition of McCarthyism straight from The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition:

Mc·Car·thy·ism Pronunciation Key (m-kärth-zm)
    n.
    The practice of publicizing accusations of political disloyalty or subversion with insufficient regard to evidence.

Now that you've found something you hope proves your point, you must defend. Explain, if you can, how Section 215 relates to this. Be clear. Write in English.

3. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Well your prev post sort of implied you did more than look at the pictures...

If not, that's cool. But that means you're in no position to comment on whether or not there are 'horrors' in the Patriot Act.

And that's too bad... I heard somewhere or another there were some real big scary ones...

Sorry for interrupting.. you can resume your personal attack on Team Atomic now :D :Poke:

4. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Intelligence Purposes

Gee Brad is damn short and pudgy....

Patriot Act Part III - Rip up the Bill of Rights

Allows FBI agents to investigate citizens for criminal matters without probable cause of crimes committed if they say the magic words "Intelligence Purposes".

Allows FBI to conduct secret searches, give them wide powers of phone, voicemail, email, internet, financial, student, medical and mental heath records. I guess if they read my posts on this BBS, I'm on the list. Sec 201-215...there you are homey.

Allows FBI spying on religious and political organizations and individuals without having evidence of wrongdoing. I am a member of the Peoples Republic of Chicago, so once again I'm on the list. Sort of McCarthyism eh??

The press and public are barred immigrant court hearings. The courts are ordered to be kept secret. They won't even tell my mommy.

Citizens suspected of terrorism are being held indefinitely in military custody without being charged and without access to a lawyer. Locked me away and threw away the key.

The US can monitor any communications between lawyer and client. Destroying attorney-client privilege and threatens right to council. But if was able to sneak a lawyer in, they will listen anyway.

Great way to waste the day.....isn't it slow?? or brad....

Last edited: Aug 5, 2003
  5. Sorry Chief, but in this particular instance I'm not dumb enough to step on the landmine you left out for me. Again - I HAVE read it. Which is 100% more than you, by your own admission, have done. What's more, when I read it I comprehended its purpose. Unlike Team Moronic I am not prepared to make claims about all its consequences, intended or unintended. But I HAVE read it, and I know what it says. It does not appear to have been written to willfully and with malice strip rights of US Citizens, despite the claims of those who haven't read it, or who enjoy tilting at windmills.

I also know what it DOESN'T say, and much of what has been claimed about it (including from Team Moronic) does not actually appear in the Act. How it will be interpreted going forward, I cannot say. The legal system in this country has the amazing ability to make dark appear light, dry appear wet, cold appear hot. Time will tell.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it! :Poke: :)

6. Re: Intelligence Purposes

Where'd you cut-and-paste this drivel from? It's about 99% B.S.

Don't you have an original thought in your head?

7. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Nice to know Brad / Slow is back in form.... this isn't cut pasted...

it is rephrased, there is even more in the patriot act...these are just the things that piss me off the most.

I give this five years to be repealed…check out this thread...

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31824

sorry man gotta go....

8. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i may be short and stout, but everyone that knows you says i'd kick your ass. {on, or off the track}

9. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

What politician said, "whatever power can be abused, will be abused." I can't think of who it was at the moment, but he was a 1960's era politico as I recall.

That's the key to it. Thomas Jefferson didn't trust government and neither do I, in any way, shape, or form. There's simply too many examples of them (ours included) proving to be unworthy of such trust.

So the most important thing we can do is to make sure that there is no opportunity for abuse. Dropping your pants and beding over in front of Uncle Sam with nothing more than his promise not to stick it in isn't how the system is supposed to work.

10. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

handing Brad the monster size bottle chill pills....

don't even think about it little girl....start respecting other people out there....and I won't react the way I did...so have a beer....:beer:

11. mad brad

mad brad Guest

you'd never get an ounce of my respect when it comes to your highly delusional politcal views.

i would stick a finger in your eye though.

12. Robert

C'mon. You've loudly let us all know you've read the US PAtriot Act. You then say right out you don't understand it..

...but somehow, magically, you understand it's purpose??

Wow. I think if this had been named Bill 1102834, a lot less people would have been happy with it.

My average person's critique (from reading newspapers and a few reputable websites, not by trying to play law expert and read the full text) is that it goes overboard and gives too much power to the government concerning internet useage, it suddenly allows them to collect DNA evidence involved in any violent crime and it allows 'foreign intelligence agencies' (I read CIA) what seems like complete access to evidence in criminal investigations.

The ACLU etc. aren't exactly popular on this website but what about the protections provided by the 4th and 5th ammendments?? Don't they mean anything?

Ok, forget those. 9/11 was awful, horrific. Obviously we all want to be protected and so all this is good. EXCEPT none of what's being complained about necessarily has anything to do with terrorism.

Government agencies are all pretty much the same. Give them an inch and they will abuse it.

13. It's rather ironic, actually, that I've spent more of my time actively DEFENDING Constitutionally-guaranteed rights in both my State Legislature and in Congress than most of you monkeys have spent screeching about it on BBS', yet you want to throw nutshells and banana peels at me. Screw you.

There's about two-and-a-half people with a brain in this thread, (Kasimirsky is one), and I'm done arguing with the rest of you. Climb back up in your tree.

14. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

Bypassing the BS going on here thanks for the read, the initial post and not the whoring of the thread regarding the PArtriot act etc etc etc

I have a lot of my boys are over there with
    2nd Battalion 8th Infantry Regiment 4th Infantry Division!! I miss all my soldiers but I know that they are doing well as I have trained them well, and to my snipers:beer: get a couple for "Big Daddy"!!!!!!

"First at Normandy"

15. Robert

Wow. Ok. I've been polite and would love to be shot down, but on facts, not personal attacks.

16. mad brad

mad brad Guest

who's on with the other half? :D

17. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Robert, don't sweat it. Some people come here to make feeble attempts to demonstrate their superior IQ and let us all know about how in their own mind they are so much smarter then the rest of us and that we should be honored that they stoop to participate. Others come here for discussion. I think I know why you're here. All you have to do is poke around this section a bit for more serious topics to get you mind right once again. There is some good here, you just have to filter it.

Anyway, to get back to the topic of the original thread a bit, here is a site that has some good stories on it about people much like the original poster's cousin. People who stuck their necks out.

18. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

...see yeah later....slow & brad....

19. mad brad

mad brad Guest

see yeah later?

i'm not scared of you chuckie. why would i be? with your miniscule intellect, how could you be good at anything?

20. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Dammit, I'm gonna have to work harder; someone thinks I have a brain. :D