1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Sepang |Malaysia |Oct 27-29 | 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 24, 2017.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I believe he said that wasn't the difference. Lack of pace was.

Personally, I don't care if he wins the championship because Lorenzo moved out of the way in Valencia. The championship would be deserved nonetheless. You don't get six or seven wins because you're lucky.

2. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Perhaps they should call ROC... :D

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Yeah I totally want to see Rossi and Petrux hold him up, that would epic lol! Italians fighting to get Dovi the win, like the Spaniards did for Marc... :D

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

That would be funny. Anyone not honda, park it in the turn after Dovi's gone through..

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Knowing George, he would have let Dovi go by him in a much less elegant fashion... That front end push saved his face.

6. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I was really hoping Lorenzo would have let Dovi by like Loris Baz did on the Kawasaki WSBK. Wait until 2 laps left, slow down and watch the Dovi go by. Would have been a bit of a F you to the team orders.

7. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Lorenzo let Dovi by...

As soon as he left the Yamaha garage. :D

Phl218 and The Great One like this.
  8. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Really? Lorenzo hasn't ever done that in his MotoGP career, and he often had the best bike on the grid. But he's going to do it in 2018 on a bike that he can't even get a single win on?

I'll take some of what you're smoking....

9. Oh damn, that was harsh. True but harsh :)

10. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Yeah really.....if he can win 4 in a row in 2015 on the Yamaha, then I think he's capable of that or more if he can improve on the Duc in 2018.

That's not saying MM93 can't win 10 in a row, just saying JL99 can be a force if he can get to the front of a race and lead.

11. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

He won 4 in a row in 2015, on a bike that he had ridden for nearly a decade, which was head and shoulders above the competition.

So he's going to do even better than that, on a bike that's still pretty new to him, while there is significantly stronger competition between the other manufacturers on the grid?

I think we should focus on him getting ONE win first, before we start talking about him winning five in a row....

12. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Bettery yet, let’s focus on him winning (or being competitive for a full race) in the dry.

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It would be a big ask for Lorenzo to get 6 or even 4 in a row next year considering the level of talent currently in MotoGP. That being said, it seems like alot of people have not been noticing that he is staying at the front longer and doing better almost every time out. Could it be that the guy really is one of the best in the business and is starting to figure out the bike that is pretty much the polar opposite of what he has ridden for his entire MotoGP career? It will not take much more improvement for him to be a threat on the Ducati,

JustaNobody likes this.
  14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Can't be that. Lorenzo sucks remember? :D

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ya, just look at the number of 500 titles. He is currently behind scrubs like Ago, Rossi, Doohan, Lawson, Hailwood, Duke and Surtees and on par with pieces of crap like Rainey, Roberts and Marquez. He obviously sucks.

JustaNobody likes this.
  16. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Nope. You took Rossi in this race and I had JL. You can have no joy from my guys amazing win. Now go back and wallow in the pit of Rossi

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Have I missed the report where they've suddenly found the pace to be in the position to do such a thing???

:Poke:

18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

That can't happen because if it's dry, petrux will be in the back. And if it's wet, Rossi will.

19. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I agree.....

I’m not saying the win streak is a guarantee, but if JL qualifies better in 2018 the Duc is fast enough to get to T1 first. We all know how good Lorenzo is at controlling a race from the front. If he figures out how to manage his tires better, he is going to be tough to beat with the straight line speed of the Ducati.

I do think he would have won the race Sunday, team orders aside. As to whether he wins 5 in a row, or 5 total races next year, I don’t care it will be nice to see another bike up front fighting for the lead.

Jorge may be a weird dude, but that doesn’t mean he’s not one of the best riders on the MotoGP grid.

JustaNobody and crazymofo like this.
  20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Maybe JL is benefitting from Dovi's setup advice :crackup: