1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Sepang |Malaysia |Oct 27-29 | 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 24, 2017.

1. BigBird still hasn’t come clean :D

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Hey I paid up after his home race. He's still ok, the '16 bike is a better bike than the crap they are running this year.

3. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

@Rob P , does anyone know how to get in contact with him? I lost a bet and it’s time to pay up to the AFF.

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am just wondering how such an apparent steaming pile of shit bike won 4 of the first 8 races this year?

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

it was dry.

6. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Development?

masshole likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Didn't Michelin change their tire construction, sometime this year? Maybe that helped start the demise?

8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Different front construction. The (new) Yamaha and Pedrosa can't get heat into it. Or at least for Yamaha, I think they can get heat into the front tire but now they are fighting rear grip. Mat Oxley provides a pretty good analysis of the front tire change regarding the championship.

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

So kinda like what happened to Stoner when they changed the construction of the Bridgestone to make it work better for other riders?

10. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

No. That was Milk

minman26 and NemesisR6 like this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

since there's no valencia thread yet:
    from speedweek.de

Valentino Rossi in Valencia: revenge on Márquez?
    By Günther Wiesinger - 31.10.2017 05:09
    "Márquez says yes, he did nothing in 2015. I'll say the same thing, "grinned Valentino Rossi, when he was asked if he would meddle in the title fight at the final.
    The ghosts of the past you never get rid of. Sometimes they sleep in hiding places, and one is inclined to believe that they no longer exist.

But often they come back to the daylight at an unexpected moment.

Let's go back to the crucial phase of the 2015 MotoGP season.

Two years ago Valentino Rossi scented a conspiracy, a «biscotto». He told journalists the day before the first Malaysian GP training session that Lorenzo and Márquez had teamed up in Australia on Sunday before saying that the Honda star had not in the least resisted the overtaking maneuver of Rossi's then-team-mate Lorenzo. And thus the World Cup events influenced.

The rest is official.

Marc Márquez confirmed his innocence and three days later gave the answer on the racetrack. The race brought the famous "Sepang Clash".

Marc Márquez did not care at all about his chances to win, he let his teammate Dani Pedrosa in the race and drive away, but prevented Rossi by constant overtaking maneuvers in the pursuit of championship opponent Lorenzo.

At some point Rossi had had enough, the Italian Rossi lost his patience and nerves, he drove Márquez in a right turn so far out to the edge of the track until it slipped in the dirt and crashed.

Pedrosa won ahead of Lorenzo and Rossi, but Rossi got a penalty for irresponsible driving. At first he was even accused of helping Márquez to overthrow, but the film footage from the helicopter perspective provided no proof. The charge was not upheld.

Because of these four penalty points (Rossi had one at home in Misano, when he destroyed Lorenzo a fast lap), he had to start at the final in Valencia from the last position, he was only fourth - and Lorenzo with 330 to 225 points world champion.

Lorenzo triumphantly stuck his thumbs down on the podium in Sepang 2015, a gesture directed against his opponent and team-mate Rossi. A derailment.

And then Lorenzo openly demanded that Rossi be disqualified for third place because the four penalty points are too low a penalty. In any case, they meant the end of Rossi's title dream anyway.

With this action, Lorenzo built the future at Yamaha.

Four months later, his defiant transfer to Ducati was fact.

After last Sunday's Sepang GP, of course, the question was raised as to whether Valentino Rossi might now take revenge at this year's World Cup final in Valencia on 12 November.

A Spanish journalist sensed misfortune for the Valencia GP after Ducati had already teamed up to prevent the first Lorenzo win at the Desmosedici in Malaysia to keep the World Cup decision open.

But Rossi has long since buried the hatchet against Marc Márquez. One shook hands sometime in 2016, they respect each other again.

Nevertheless, Valentino could not resist a faint hint of cynicism. "What did Márquez do in Sepang two years ago? And in Phillip Island? Explain that to me! He always stressed that he did not do anything. So I will not do anything, "said Rossi on Sunday with a big grin.

"Joking aside. I'm going to race my own, as I've always done in my career, "added Rossi.

For Rossi, the Sepang episode of 2015 is past. He looks to the future, he is only fourth in the world and has to make his bike competitive for 2018. That is his primary goal.

In the title fight, he will not seriously interfere. If Andrea Dovizioso (21 points behind Márquez) does not win, the title is decided in favor of Márquez anyway. And with a Dovi victory, an eleventh place is enough to win the title.

"Also in Valencia, we can once again experience six, seven podium candidates. And I still have to improve, "said Rossi, who did not get past No. 7 in the rain in Malaysia.

The Movistar Yamaha factory driver and 115-time GP winner hopes for a dry race in Valencia. «In the dry FP3 on Saturday I felt good in Sepang on the M1. I also had a good lap in qualifying. But the M1 has not changed since Silverstone. Since then we only did fine tuning. And now we have to think very carefully about what the right decisions for the development of 2018 should look like. "

- Mehr bei SPEEDWEEK: http://www.speedweek.com/motogp/news/118224/Valentino-Rossi-in-Valencia-Revanche-an-Marquez.html

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

That would require Rossi to be ahead of him. :D

Phl218 likes this.
  13. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but since MM only has to finish 11th it's possible he might coast and could be far enough back to be running with the slower riders like Rossi.

badmoon692008, rd49, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Savage!

Slider82 and Phl218 like this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Broome uppercut is pending

Sent from a smatrphone

16. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

I know right. That has-been should hang it up now and allow the much faster Zarco to have his factory seat

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

See post #176. :Poke:

18. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

But to add to that his MO is also NOT making mistakes while leading races ...

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Misano this year?
    Valencia a couple of years ago? (also in the rain)

...or did I just miss the sarcasm emoticon?

20. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

There's no sarcasm , him making mistakes while out front happens (happens to everyone) but he's usually damn near perfect under those circumstances