1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Le Mans | 2018 | May 18 - May 20

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, May 14, 2018.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

So basically it's a CEO issue and not a bike issue.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Unfortunately I don't think we're going to see him taking undue risk at this point. He stated in this race that he was hesitant to push after he saw folks like Iannone and Dovi going down with front tire crashes. He never really "pulled the pin," but just managed the gap once he was out front.

To everybody else's detriment, he seems to be getting smarter with his racecraft when he is leading, but I think he is still prone to the red mist if he finds himself in a turn-by-turn battle.......he is hard-wired that way.

DirtTrackin221 likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Although I have been familiar with that most of my life, it was never more obvious than one day in the 90s, walking through a JFK airport terminal. Passengers at all airlines check-in counters were doing the follow-the-ropes thing until I got to the passenger scrum at Air France. It was hilarious. :crackup: It only gets worse as you actually get here.

And beware of the current rail worker strike. They are alternating days so they don't lose too much pain but depending on when you travel to Bordeaux, you might hit one of those days.

4. No one in continental Europe can form a line. No one. They are proud of it too :rolleyes:

5. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

I think we got burned by the strike on Friday. Arrive at 530am expecting an 830 TGV CDG direct to Le Mans. Cancelled w no explaination. Paris Subway dash through three different trains to finally reach TGV station to Le Mans. Oh well. Still made it for FP2.

TGV to Bordeaux was damn near elegant. Clean coaches, bathrooms, and efficient bar car w good espresso. Suspect my next ride on Amtrak will be dis-spiriting.

Sitting in a hotel lounge in Margaux drinking a 1664. It appears to be the PBR of France, and I am totally okay with that.

'Raises glass to Metalhead'

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Phl218 and motion like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know shit about the wine but :crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I still get the occasional gentleman from the middle east area trying to cut in front of me and others at the grocery store here in California. Its pretty funny to watch, and even more funny to get in their face and watch them go on the offense, Lol.

Russia and China are also huge offenders.

KCFirebolt likes this.
  8. KCFirebolt

The Chinese always seem to be the ones charging to the front of the plane like Olympic sprinters.

If looks could kill.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How long are you in Bordeaux for? Where else are you going?

10. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Another scenario would be for MM to get hurt during free practice, and have to miss a race or two. He crashes a lot during FP and somehow never gets hurt. All it takes is one wrong landing to break some bones, stall your GP career and let the others catch up in points.

418 likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Moto 3 finally makes it to ESPN! All it took was to make it more like motocross. :D

SpeedyTide, scottn, BigBird and 4 others like this.
  12. KCFirebolt

Bordeaux until 24th am (20th anniv on 23rd). Car to Carcasonne, then Avignon, then TGV north to wrap up in Paris for 5 days.

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

Ha, the wife and i will be in Paris the 2nd week of june ...

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're pretty close to Arcachon Bay. Might be worth the drive. Especially if you like oysters. :)

KCFirebolt and Phl218 like this.
  15. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Is it me or does it seem like JLo helped MM win another MotoGP title again ? First time he allegedly helped MM win it in 2015 . Last year not helping Dovi at the last two races (map8) . This year with his horseshit riding style of becoming a rolling wall . His actions on the track causes a impact on the championship. Which usually favors MM in the end .This is a guy who should be hired by HRC and gives Danny's seat at Repsol.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

:crackup:

It's cute you think Lorenzo is in this for anyone else but Lorenzo. There's plenty of reason to not like the guy, there's no reason to make shit up.

18. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Hey buddy, if you want to troll here you better not come with this weak stuff. You have to be subtle enough for people to take the bait but strong enough to instill rage in others. :D

eggfooyoung and Boman Forklift like this.
  19. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

This.

It doesn't matter if it appears that he's helping or hurting someone else, JLo is in it ONLY for JLo.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

As is every other racer I've ever met.