1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 2 | Termas de Río Hondo | Argentina | April 1

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 27, 2023.

1. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Kinda makes you wonder of all the bitching riders have spewed about aero ruining the sport yet I don’t see many issues passing in the sprints.

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Mir out.

One of my few correct non-predictions...

3. rwdfun

rwdfun

They like it without Marc Marquez on a Honda. But him secretly riding a better but not great Yamaha is fine.

4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Why did they shorten the Moto 2 race?

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Longer laps in the rain

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They said here it was because they haven't had enough wet track time. Doesn't really make sense.

I suspect they wanted to reduce the chances of red flags cutting into the MotoGP pre-race buildup.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Everyone except the racers in the hospital.

KneeDragger_c69 and Phl218 like this.
  8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I take my "nice clean sprint race" comment back. Hope Mir recovers quickly and completely.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're the "Repsol-good" fella, right? :D

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Again, no 'First Factory Team' spot in Parc Fermé?.........

SundaySocial likes this.
  11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Race on CNBC in 4 minutes.

12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

what you mean? do i think the Honda is a good bike? i think that's pretty clearly false and has been for a few years now.

Repsol bike trash and baby Marquez trash are not mutually exclusive. you can see my other posts in the past on here about why he's a garbage rider. i'll stand by til the day i die... took him 4 tries to get a Moto2 title, and JUST barely (by 3 points after Binder's bike was total garbage for half the season and Marc VDS has consistantly been one of if not THE best bikes/teams in the field). none of that deserved a factory team ride. maybe this bike "fits him better"? we'll see. he'll still never beat the legion of Italians or Aliex or Mav when it comes down to it. let's see where we're at mid-season. maybe 5 other people will get injured and he'll default into the best season he's ever had. :beer:

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I mean the guy who coined the term "he is not Repsol-good." You know, because Repsol Honda has been so fantastic over the past three years. :crackup:

14. Sweatypants

its still 1 of the top 3 teams with top 3 money, bike good or not. he's not good enough to have ever deserved that spot. full stop. feel better?

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Feel better? You're the one who has to do all kinds of dancing to justify yourself. I'm just enjoying the show. :D

Top 3 team by what metric? Certainly not by the way they manage their riders. Don't you need top 3 results to call yourself a top 3 team? It's been a while since that was true. They have big money, so what? What good have that done them in the last three years?

R1Racer99 likes this.
  16. Sweatypants

pedigree, money, prestige, size of effort and engineering resources, forefront of newest (and usually) greatest stuff, testing efforts.

to the last point, it has done them nothing. all the resources in the world mean nothing without the right vision driving it, i will say that. have a similar instance going on at my own company and its disheartening.

it might be a shitshow, but saying that Lenovo Ducati, Repsol Honda, and Monster Yamaha are not the top teams is straight false. Results or not.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Who said anything about the other two teams? Their recent championship results support that status. Let's focus on Repsol Honda. No distractions.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

They definitely rank in the top two teams leading to early retirement.

19. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

That's gotta be super-distracting for the riders when that 'Last Lap' graphic appears on the tarmac.

upload_2023-4-2_17-9-28.png

rd400racer and Blammo like this.
  20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Aleix would have appreciated last year at Barcelona.....

Jack Brock, cBJr, HPPT and 8 others like this.