1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 2 | Termas de Río Hondo | Argentina | April 1

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 27, 2023.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

The battle of Attrition....The championship with all these points may be wrapped up before mid-season ( i know it has been said before, but yeah let's say it again.)

[​IMG]

RossK6, Steeltoe and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  2. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Sprint Race
    1- Zarco
    2- Miller
    3- Q-ball

Race
    1- Pecco
    2- Martin
    3- Miller

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The two next races were pretty much MM93's to lose because of his general dominance there (ARG & COTA).

He'll now probably miss both (or be heavily handicapped @ COTA with 2 LLs).

Who is going to step up to prevent Bagnaia from running away with it?...

4. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

The LL penalty is for a specific race, so since MM is skipping Argentina he won't have to serve the penalty.

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'm sure they will amend that penalty to be served in Austin, or the next race he's at. What's better for the show? A penalty missed through technicality, or make the wrecking ball rider have to serve some artificial handicap and force him to plow through the field on a track he has historical dominance on. It's a marketing opportunity to exploit his total lack of braincells and respect for other riders while on track, and create more drama that sells tickets and clicks.

I get he's apologized profusely over this, and I give him credit for that, but will it change the way he rides around others? Probably not. Nothing ever has. Having to override that Honda shitbox is just compounding the problem, and is going to lead to more incidents and injuries for him and others.

7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

They can’t amend the rules to make him serve the penalty elsewhere especially when there’s precedent of other riders not serving a long lap penalty due to missing the race it was assigned to be served in.

BigBird likes this.
  8. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Pecco Pecco

9. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Do the other riders have the same illustrious crash history as Mr Marquez? Perhaps he will be the inspiration for a rules amendment...?

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They can do whatever they want to

mglax13 likes this.
  11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I know he's struggling, but sheesh. :D

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Digital dyslexia!.....

14. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

The weird Frenchie would have to qualify on pole and hope all the fast Ducs crash into turn 1 to have even a sniff at a sprint podium. Long race is his only shot this year.

prospected and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  15. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

In the past, he's been very strong at beginning of races and either declined or crased out.
    Giving him a bit of positive vibes cause I think he's due for his first ever win in MotoGP.

16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Penalty should have been issued: "....will serve a double long lap penalty at the next MotoGP race the rider participates in..."
    But he's Dorna's golden child, so. . .

stk0308 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Yam and HRC gonna get murdered digging onto that long backstretch at this place.

R1Racer99 and Bruce like this.
  18. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I guess I should have been more specific on which weird Frenchie I was referring too! :crackup:

The one on the blue bike.

19. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Anyone hear the Martin rumors? He's signed with Yamaha for 2024.

20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Who is Honda going to have on their bikes this weekend? What about a replacement on the GasGas? Will Pirro be on the factory Duc? Who replaces Oliveira?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023