1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 29, 2021.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Just because Pol needed to copy MM93's setup on the current POS Honda doesn't mean he doesn't know how to develop a bike that isn't a POS.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don’t think the Honda is a pos. In fact, far from it.

It’s just a Honda, built by Honda and HRC and it just turns out that only one rider (when he’s not injured) can ride 100% and win on.

Honda’s problem is they had Marc and he could win on it. Without him they’d actually have to put the work in to make it rideable for “everyone.”

Newyork likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In a year when the guy can't get away from the back of the grid, and there are no spectators at the tracks for the most part? Who is buying all those shirts and caps? I won't believe it until someone shows me numbers.

Now, some idiot here is probably going to say "I bought some." Don't. :D

Newyork likes this.
  4. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

I didn’t know autocorrect would change motion to idiot. That’s kind of handy.

5. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Uhh...there's this thing called the internet. I heard you can buy stuff off of it.

I can think of a few buyers....

[​IMG]

Also who buys rookie merch? Even if they sold one VR46 shirt, it's better than zero.

motion and BigBird like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I won’t. :D. Buy? I’m poor, broke, ain’t got no money! :D

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, that's cold. Glacial.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What about that is Petronas-specific? How many of those shirts are new?

And who was the rookie on the Petronas team in 2020?

9. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Ducati made a real run a Rea but they couldn't afford him. They tried to get Toprak too (wsbk).

As far as MotoGP goes, he only had offers from teams that weren't competitive and paid less than Kawasaki. So why go?

BigBird likes this.
  10. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Are you so unfamiliar with the Rossi fan base? They went from yellow, to red and yellow, in mass, when he moved to Ducati. No proven results, just that's where their man went. They bought the swag.

BigBird likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not sure if you get the point: they have been in yellow for years now. He ran from Ducati in what, 2012? There's no telling who bought new shirts this year from a photo unless they show you the numbers.

12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

13. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I follow your pedantic argument about the picture. I'm not sure you get that a rabid fanbase, like Rossi's, buys everything new their boy puts out. Look at his label's profits. I'm betting the lion share is his own shit. I mean, people still buy brand new Ago, or Kenny, swag. Why is it a bridge to far for you to think a currently riding rider sells a lot of swag? Regardless of his current results. 9 time world champ still holds a mystique for the faithful.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

so that would be official retirement then, when that is released

15. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Petronas has their shit up on their website.

Haven’t looked but it might also be up on the MotoGP site.

17. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

1 rossi hat on moto gp. i didnt see 1 rossi related item on their website https://psrt-merchandise.com/

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A lot of that depends on who has the contract to sell the merch. Rossis stuff will all be through VR46, Petronas may have a different deal with someone else.

BigBird likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If only sounds pedantic to you because of your inability to keep up with what is actually being discussed. Someone said that the Petronas team hugely benefited in terms of increased sales. Nothing that has been posted so far demonstrates that. I have no doubt that Rossi makes money off his merchandise. That was never the point.

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Reported

bullockcm likes this.