1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Moto2 champ with a few solid results last season on a bike no one can ride* (for an entire GP, Taka).

I don't think he can ever be a champion, but I think he can be a race winner. Prob comes with a better price tag and attitude than Mav.

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think he's probably right about this year's Aprilia, though. At this point, anything on the grid might be better for Alex Márquez if they don't fix the Honda.

3. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I’m a Rossi fan because I grew up reading, catching races when they came on Speedvison in his era. If he had the same impact on sales as he used to; one has to look at the MotoGP game cover to see who is the king of GP at the moment.

Quicktoy and R1M370 like this.
  4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Lol I was making a big deal out of nothing.

henry_carlson and Chino52405 like this.
  5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I think Roberts made the right choice and would have epic failed on Aprilia. In my FAR from expert opinion he seems to have one big issue. When he goes to tracks he likes he is on fire. On ones he doesn't you can see it on day one and the weekend is at best mediocre. To succeed I think he needs to learn to try twice as hard on 'bad' tracks rather than write the weekend off. Kind of like poor rain riders, to succeed you improve your weaknesses as there is more to gain there.

That said I can still see him doing that maybe.

In contrast all you hear on GG is how much he listens to his team and teammate and just works at learning. Think of the weekend he started from pitlane. Not a good weekend but throughout it he just kept improving and fixing his mistake. Dude will wind up with a #1 plate somewhere.

Corey Bain, stk0308 and YamahaRick like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

We've seen plenty of guys in Moto 2 completely turn things around over a winter by changing from a situation that wasn't right for them, even on a top team. I wouldn't be shocked if a change within the team, or to a different team next year turned Roberts into an immediate title contender. But this year, he ain't it.

sheepofblue likes this.
  7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

He really is not far off. Ditch the FOUR DNFs and he could top 5 easy. I just think until he gets over the 'this is a bad track for Joe' to some degree he won't be there just close.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

You should go watch the interview of the two Petronas chiefs on how they picked 2 pint. Basically darts at a wall. They needed a rider. They looked to the tv. He just won a race…. He’s in. Seriously made me lol.

BigBird likes this.
  9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I mean….. what other sport in the top level of sports is 3 year old equipment even a possibility??

Seriously, what sport, motorized or stick and ball? Kinda a bad look for Yamaha. IMO.

and I can see not getting current updates for new models, but 2-3 year old equipment is kinda Jv .

BHP41 likes this.
  10. Robby-Bobby

winning ANY race in Moto2 is opening eyes to MotoGp. Period. Whether it be 1-2 or 10, you’re getting noticed.

Are you comparing FQ to Joe in Moto2? Because that’sjust silly.

11. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

The Yamaha offer would be for a 2021 bike when the 2022 bike is available right? I can't believe the offer is for 2019 equipment.

12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Are we sure that's how it's working though? I thought Franco could have had last year's bike this year but didn't want it

13. Robby-Bobby

Not true. Rossi has gotten a lot of kitty litter time this season.

14. Robby-Bobby

hi, I’m Kyle Larson, I wanna drive your Nascar team. But fuck you if you think I’m racing last years shit.

hi, I’m Lebron James, here’s some 2019 Nikes (or whatever he wears)

hi I’m Lewis Hamilton, let me try that 2020 Mercedes. Fuck that.

hi I’m Eli Tomac, here’s last years Kx450.

other than back when Jeremy Mcgrath demanded to use the old steel frame, when has anyone wanted to run an older pile in the top sport series?

15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Yeah, I think that people keep missing is that Petronas gets the Yamahas that they pay for. I believe that Morbidelli didn't want to take the risk on the new bike and Petronas only paid for the older model. I also think the rules require them to stick with what they have for the rest of the season. I also think that Petronas could give Rossi's bike to Morbidelli within the rules.

16. Robby-Bobby

I don’t buy that. That team has more money than most. Why they gonna sign up for the premier series and only ask for one good bike?

they can sell that swamp Land to DaveK cause I ain’t buying it.

lol oil giant team looking at the Yamaha Value Menu

17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Mick Doohan made Honda give him back his old, unrideable screamer motor back when men were men and valves were for toilet tanks.

pickled egg likes this.
  18. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

that one probably doesn't matter. just sayin...

20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Depends on the rules, Hamilton would love last year's car right now..
    And nascar teams use cars for a couple seasons pretty frequently. But I get the point.
    My point was unless I'm mistaken, Franco chose a even older bike because last year's sucked worse.