1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Race 15 | Aragon | Spain | Sept 18

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

We were there at around the same time and did one of the tourist trips to the caves. Loved Portugal, great place.

cBJr likes this.
  2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Don’t get me wrong. I like him. He seems like a super nice guy but is so introverted it is tough to root for him. He’s supposed to be Rossi’s protege and Rossi didn’t teach him that charisma we all love.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Can you teach charisma? maybe he could have thought him some marketing skills. But at least he's not whiny

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea true,I guess fortunately I didn’t have a lot at that time.

HPPT likes this.
  5. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

6. Boman Forklift

That’s awesome. I haven’t heard any reports on how he says it feels and the strength level in his arm?

WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM CRUSH EVERYONE THIS WEEKEND.

socalrider likes this.
  7. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Well, he won't...but guessing he'll do OK

8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I get it. He's a racer and will do anything to be back on the bike......very admirable.

But the same guy that could barely do a few laps two weeks ago without having to come back to the pits and dip his arm in ice is going to bang bars with a grid full of axe-murderers for 23 laps?

If he places top-10 it will be a miracle....

cpettit and BigBird like this.
  9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Glad to see him back, but not very optimistic it'll be the old Marc running up front. I think he's probably more interested in getting out there and getting some good data on the bike, and himself in race conditions. I could be wrong though, and I'd love to see him back up front and mixing it up again, but I'm skeptical.

10. prm

prm Well-Known Member

It’s Marc Marquez. Nothing will surprise me. Well, given his nature and that bike, him staying on two wheels would be a bit of a surprise.

pickled egg likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

He says he's doing it to build up for next year. saying in the points, no best than 10th

12. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

If Marquez and HRC get the RCV dialed in finally, its game over and some of you can curl up your Pecco and FQ simp’ing.

crazymofo, Quicktoy and BigBird like this.
  13. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

good lord, idk man. i am at a loss. best of luck? fucking idiot who doesn't learn?

BigBird likes this.
  14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Your entire statement implies that HRC will listen to rider input.
    I'm very skeptical of that happening.

crazymofo and cpettit like this.
  15. Boman Forklift

I had not read anything about his return, assuming that is true, he obviously won’t win it all like I hoped.

16. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Who better to develop next years bike at race pace than MM? Regardless of where he finishes, that could be a huge advantage.

Quicktoy and BigBird like this.
  17. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

"Grid full of axe murders" is a very apt description! :crackup:

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

It's 100% true.

Marquez is finding himself in the postion of now being in a championship where the vast majority of its participants aren't all that indimidated by his presence. Sure, in media interviews they will fawn over his accomplishments and Dorna will revel in the revenue/coverage his participation brings, but the nigh-unbeatable image of 2019 and prior Marquez is long-gone.

MM93 finding his way back to championship contention, on the current Honda, is a pipe-dream. If they don't get a package together that can consistently fight for podiums without him risking his life by over-riding it, he'll never get another title. Simple as that.

notbostrom and BigBird like this.
  19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Or he moves to a different factory.

20. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

how you making out @G2G ? the city must be going nuts right now!