1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Race 13 | Red Bull Ring | Austria | Aug 21

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 16, 2022.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Good Lord :crackup: This post is golden.

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

You want it spoon fed to you....

[​IMG]

Not doing that shit! :D

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

No idea what they think. They are still competing against each other, which is the main point.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, because you are unable. Don’t pretend otherwise.:crackup: LOL.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes and he really put the anal into his Honda-Suzuki / KTM-GasGas analogy.
    Completely the same fundamentals. :crackup:

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

So what is the big deal with them competing against each other? KTM is probably the most business savy company on the grid, and are extremely methodical with how they do things. People that love KTM are still going to root for them. Now there is another "Manufacturer" getting sponsors, and supporting the sport.

Unless your argument is that you know the internal workings at KTM better than they do...

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Unable to explain it to YOU.

You are most definitely correct there... I would have to go in NAscAR analogies. :D

fastedyamaha likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

You can’t explain it, I understand. Keep yapping.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s not a big deal. Who stated it was? The point is they are positioning another company/brand that they own to compete against themselves on the MotoGp grid. Unless you’re unable to comprehend what I’ve repeatedly stated.

10. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Obviously he believes Gas Gas is joining MotoGP from scratch, at least based on his initial post. Now he tries to back paddle with all kind of stupid arguments, still probably not realizing the Gas Gas is just aKTM with a different paint job and name on the tank.

fastedyamaha likes this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Who’s back peddling?

12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Your premise is that even though ktm is building 100% of the bike, merely slapping a gas gas decal on the tank now means it’s no longer a ktm. We are all telling you that you’re wrong but since you’re the all knowing and all powerful Garth, you refuse to admit that you’re wrong about a single fucking thing that you open your mouth about.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

No it isn’t. My premise is that KTM is diluting their own brand presence on the grid and creating a situation where they are competing against themselves. Which is 100% accurate. There will be two less KTM branded bikes on the grid, this is a fact. From a branding perspective, it is no longer a KTM you twit, otherwise why would KTM even rebrand it a GasGas in the first place. Derp.
    Keep speaking out both sides of your mouth. Why would I admit I’m wrong, when I’m not.
    Sorry to trigger you. :crackup:

Razr likes this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Do you really think that KTM is any less noticeable on the results page with two bikes on the grid instead of four?

How noticeable was GasGas in the last race?

How noticeable will they be after the first race a GasGas branded KTM enters?

Whatever you do, don’t mention Acura. They DESTROYED the Honda brand by, uhh, existing alongside them. :rolleyes:

15. 418

418 Expert #59

Kind of a poor comparison considering GASGAS doesn't make street bikes.

The whole thing is kind of stupid. About as stupid as a brand that said superbikes don't belong on the street developing a prototype racing motorcycle.

I guess when you have that Rebull money you can do whatever the fuck you want.

16. zjay

zjay Well-Known Member

Bring back the original Österreichring layout..

motoracer1100 and Quicktoy like this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Two bikes less
    Irrelevant question
    Yet to be determined
    So competing against is now destroying? And yet another shitty analogy.
    Chevy never competed against Pontiac :rolleyes:

18. pickled egg

I got the impression that KTM were going to start building and marketing GasGas branded bikes for the street. Might just be rebadged KTM for all I know, but when you’re trying to build brand awareness that your only-off-road offerings are branching into road-going bikes, and you’re admittedly rebadging your KTM MotoGP bike, seems like a no-brainer of a way to get the word out, despite Garf’s terror that KTM might beat themselves on the track :rolleyes:

19. pickled egg

Go tug your tassel, Corn-Boy. :Poke:

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Shows what you know. Detasseling ended @weeks ago. :rtfrb::moon:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    pickled egg likes this.